How do I tether my Samsung phone to my laptop?
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Touch Apps.
- Scroll to and touch Settings.
- Touch More Networks.
- Touch Tethering and Mobile hotspot.
- Touch USB tethering.
- The phone is now tethered.
- On the computer, wait for the device drivers to install then click Home network.
Google Nexus 5 (Android 5.0)
- Go into Settings in the application drawer.
- Under Wireless & Networks, tap More.
- Tap Tethering & Portable Hotspot.
- Tap Set Up Wi-Fi Hotspot to set your password. Tap Save.
- Tap the slider next to Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot to enter Hotspot mode.
- Mantle plumes are areas of hot, upwelling mantle. Hot spots are places within the mantle where rocks melt to generate magma. The presence of a hot spot is inferred by anomalous volcanism (i.e. not at a plate boundary), such as the Hawaiian volcanoes within the Pacific Plate.
- A WiFi hotspot is simply an area with an accessible wireless network. The term is most often used to refer to wireless networks in public areas like airports and coffee shops. Some are free and some require fees for use, but in either case they can be handy when you are on the go.
- Lastly, go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre > Change Adapter Settings, right click your internet connection and select Properties. Select the Sharing tab and then check 'Allow other network users to connect…' and pick the virtual Wi-Fi adapter name you just created.
Updated: 2nd October 2019