- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- When 'Samsung Galaxy S5' appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
So, how do I do a factory reset on my s5?
- Press and hold the Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
- Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.
- Press the Power button.
- Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume down button.
How do you restart a frozen Galaxy s5?
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons for 12 seconds.
- Use the Volume down button to scroll to the Power Down option.
- Press the Home key to select. The device powers down completely.
How do you power cycle your note 5?