- Place the insertion pointer where you want your text to start at the top of the next column. For example, you might place it at the beginning of the word close in the preceding figure.
- Click the Page Layout tab.
- From the Page Setup group, choose Breaks→Column.
Beside this, how do you move to the second column in Word?
How do you set spacing between columns in Word 2016?
- Select the text you want to format.
- Select the Layout tab, then click the Columns command. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Select the number of columns you want to create.
- The text will format into columns.
How do I swap columns in Word?
- Select the column you want to move.
- Press Ctrl+X, click on the cut tool on the toolbar, or choose Cut from the Edit menu.
- Move the insertion point to the beginning of the top cell of the column before which you want to place the column you just cut.