Share a single item using a link
- Open a file in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- In the top right corner, click Share.
- Click Get shareable link in the top right of the "Share with others" box.
- To choose whether a person can view, comment, or edit the file, click the Down arrow next to "Anyone with the link" .
Hereof, how do I share my whole Google Drive?
If you want to share an entire folder, the process is exactly the same.
- Open Google Drive.
- Check the box next to the folder you want to share.
- Click on More toward the top of the browser window.
- Select Share.
- Select Share again.
- Enter the email address or addresses of the people with whom you'd like to share.
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service developed by Google. Launched on April 24, 2012, Google Drive allows users to store files on their servers, synchronize files across devices, and share files. Files uploaded can be up to 5 terabytes in size.
View & open files
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Log into your Google account with your username and password.
- Double-click a file.
- If you open a Google Doc, Sheet, Slides presentation, Form, or Drawing, it will open using that application.
- If you open a video, PDF, Microsoft Office file, audio file, or photo, it will open in Google Drive.
Upload & view files
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app.
- Tap Add .
- Tap Upload.
- Find and tap the files you want to upload.
- View uploaded files in My Drive until you move them.
Method 3 Access Shared Files and Folders on the Network in Windows XP
- Open the start menu and select My Network Places. Any shared folders available on the network will be visible in the My Network Places window.
- Access shared files and folders. Double-click on any shared folder.
Share files from Google Drive
- Step 1: Find the file you want to share. Share a single file. On a computer, go to Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, or Slides. Click the file you want to share.
- Step 2: Choose who to share with & how they can use your file. Share with specific people. Under "People," enter the email address you want to share with.
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Hover your cursor over the folder you want to share.
- Click the blue Share button that appears.
- Enter the email addresses of people who need edit access to the folder.
- Select Can edit from the pull-down menu.
- Add a message about the files and click Share.
Method 1 Using the Website
- Visit the Google Docs website. You can use any web browser on your computer to access this site.
- Sign into your account.
- Pick the document you want to make editable.
- Open the Share menu.
- Pick whom you want to share the doc with.
- Check and make sure “Can Edit” is selected.
- Send the invitation.
Choose who to share with
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click the folder you want to share.
- Click Share .
- Under "People," type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose how a person can use the folder, click the Down arrow .
- Click Send. An email is sent to people you shared with.
Log in your old Google Drive account. Select all files, right click and add your new account's email address as a collaborator. If you have other file formats on Google Drive, to transfer files from one Google Drive to another, you need to download a copy of your data or to create an archive with Google Takeout.
Open Google Drive. Select the shared folder or file in Docs, Sheets, or Slides and click the Share icon on the top right. When the presumptive owner does not have share access…invite by typing the email address in the “Invite people” field. Then Save.
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service created by Google. It allows users to store files in the cloud, synchronize files across devices, and share files.
Google accounts don't have to use Gmail addresses. A Google account is simply a unified sign-in system that gives you access to Google products, including Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides. You can associate any email address with a Google account.
To share your calendar with specific users, go to www.google.com/calendar and follow the steps below.
- In the calendar list on the left side of the page, click the down-arrow button next to a calendar, then select Share this calendar.
- Enter the email address of the person you want to share your calendar with.
You can share the files and folders that you store in Google Drive with anyone. When you share from Google Drive, you can control whether people can edit, comment on, or only view the file. Note: To edit Microsoft Office files with others, you'll need to convert them to Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
Send a Google Drive attachment
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- Click Compose.
- Click Google Drive .
- Select the files you want to attach.
- At the bottom of the page, decide how you want to send the file:
- Click Insert.
Check out our Google Account lesson to learn more.
- Upload the desired photos to your Google Drive (if you haven't already), and move them into a folder.
- Check the box to select the folder, then click the Share button at the top of the page.
- The Sharing settings dialog box will appear.
Drag files into Google Drive
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Open or create a folder.
- To upload files and folders, drag them into the Google Drive folder.
How to use Google Drive
- Step 1: Go to drive.google.com. On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Step 2: Upload or create files. You can upload files from your computer or create files in Google Drive.
- Step 3: Share and organize files. You can share files or folders, so other people can view, edit, or comment on them.