How do I setup my Samsung gear s2?
- Ensure the Gear S2 is charged and powered on.
- Install Samsung Gear Manager on your connected smartphone, then tap Next.
- Turn on Bluetooth and make the Wearable discoverable.
- Once the connection is found, tap OK.
- Watch the tutorial.
- Tap Next.
- Tap OK.
To turn the watch on, press and hold the Power/Home button until the screen lights up and the Samsung logo is displayed. Note: If you are unable to turn your device on, plug the device into a power source for 15 minutes and then try again. For information on charging your device, see the Charge Battery tutorial.
- Here's how:
- Insert the Gear IconX earbuds into your ears. The Gear IconX earbuds will automatically enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Open Samsung Gear and then touch CONNECT TO GEAR. A Bluetooth activation request window may appear.
- Touch Gear IconX R.
- To complete the connection, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Charge the Device - Samsung Gear S2 / Gear S2 Classic. For additional info and a Galaxy Gear S2 simulator, visit the Samsung support site. Connect the USB cable to the USB power adapter then plug the adapter into a wall outlet. Place the Gear S2 onto the wireless charger dock.
- Master reset from settings menu
- From the Apps screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Gear info.
- Tap Reset Gear.
- Tap the ✔ check mark to confirm.
- Wait for the device to reset. The device is reset to its factory settings.
Connect to Your Phone
- Open Samsung Gear on your phone.
- Touch CONNECT TO GEAR.
- Touch the name of the Gear S2 you want to connect to.
- Touch OK to confirm the Bluetooth pairing request.
- On your Gear S2, confirm the passkey matches the one on your phone.
- Software updates for the Gear S2 are initiated from the connected Android device and not the Gear S2.
- From the main screen of the Samsung Gear app on the Android device, tap Settings.
- Tap About Gear.
- Tap Update Gear software.
- Tap Update now.
- From the Update Gear software screen, tap Install.
- Step 1 of 8
- From the Home screen of your mobile device, touch Apps.
- Touch Samsung Apps to download Samsung Gear Fit Manager.
- Touch the Search icon.
- Search for "Samsung Gear Fit Manager," and select it from the list.
- Touch Samsung Gear Fit Manager.
- Touch Free.
- Review the App permissions, and touch Accept and download.
- The app will walk you through the process of pairing the watch your phone via Bluetooth. The app isn't much to look at, but you'll need it regularly with the Gear S3/S2. Here's the one snag that you'll face with the iOS app: it has to be running at all times for a Gear watch to stay connected to the phone.
To do this go to the Gear 2's Settings app, scroll down to Bluetooth and switch it on. Next, go to Samsung Apps and download Gear Manager. Open Gear Manager and hit Scan – it will then search for your Gear 2. Once it's found it, tap Connect and wait – a few seconds later your Galaxy S5 and Gear 2 will be paired.
- Then go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings and start the setup process from scratch. This time you should see the Apps and Data screen during setup. On your Android device, read the terms and conditions and then tap Agree to continue. Tap Next when you see the Find Your Code screen.
- Make sure "Backup my data" is enabled. As for app syncing, go to Settings > Data usage, tap on the three-dot menu symbol at the top right of the screen, and make sure "Auto-sync data" is turned on. Once you have a backup, select it on your new phone and you'll be offered a list of all the apps on your old phone.
- There are few ways you can reset your Android phone without losing anything. Backup most your stuff on your SD card, and synchronize your phone with a Gmail account so you won't lose any contacts. If you don't want to do that, there's an app called My Backup Pro that can do the same job.
Updated: 21st September 2018