How do I scan a document to my macbook air?
Connect your scanner, plug it in, and turn it on. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners. Select your scanner in the list at the left, then click Open Scanner on the right. If your scanner is also a printer, you may need to click Scan on the right before you can click Open Scanner.
How to Scan a Document in Windows 7
- Choose Start→All Programs→Windows Fax and Scan.
- Click the Scan button in the Navigation pane, then click the New Scan button on the toolbar.
- Use the settings on the right to describe your scan.
- Click the Preview button to see what your document will look like.
- If you're happy with the preview, click the Scan button.
- Start the scan from your printer:
- Place the document or picture on the scanner glass.
- Press Scan.
- Select Scan to Email.
- Press OK.
- Select outgoing email profile, then press OK.
- Select the email address you want to send to.
- Press START.
- Scan the document you want to send.
- Open your email application or email website.
- Compose a new email message.
- Type the recipient's email address in the "To:" field.
- Click the "attach files" button.
- Locate and click the scanned document in the dialog box.
- Click Open.
- Send the message.
- Open the scanner cover and place the item that you want to scan face down on the scanner glass. Close the scanner cover. Click the "Source" button in the Windows 10 Fax and Scan App and select your HP printer as the source. Click "File type" and select what type of file you would like the scanned item to be saved as.
Scan normally using Image Capture and then import the file into Photos
- Open Image Capture.
- Select Your Scanner in the Left Column.
- To change DPI and other settings, select the Show Details button.
- Place the photo or content you want to scan face down on the glass in the scanner and choose the Scan button.
- You can use A-PDF Image to PDF (free download here) to scan multiple pages into one pdf file files with only 2 steps:
- Click the "Scan paper" icon to select scanner.
- Click the "Build to One PDF" icon to create a new PDF document contains all of the scanned papers.
- Import from a card reader or SD card
- Insert the card into your computer's SD card slot, or connect a card reader to your computer and insert the card into it.
- In Photos, choose File > Import.
- If you selected multiple photos or videos, do one of the following:
- On your Mac:
- Open Photos and in the menu bar, click View > Show Hidden Photo Album.
- Open Albums view, then open the Hidden Photos Album.
- Select the photo or video that you want to unhide.
- Control-click the photo.
- Click Unhide Photo.
Updated: 2nd October 2019