How do I save a Google spreadsheet?
Make a copy of a file
- On your computer, open a Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Forms home screen.
- Open the file you want to make a copy of.
- In the menu, click File Make a copy.
- Type a name and choose where to save it.
- Click Ok.
Building Your First Google Form. The simplest way to start building a form is right from the Google Forms app. Go to docs.google.com/forms, then either choose a template or start a blank form. There's also a link to Google Forms in Docs, Sheets, and Slides: click File -> New -> Form to start a new blank form.
Method 3 Downloading a Google Doc
- Open a document. Double-click the document that you want to download to open it.
- Click File. It's in the top-left corner of the page.
- Select Download as. This option is near the top of the drop-down menu.
- Select your preferred file format.
- Wait for your file to download.
From Google Drive, locate and select the New button, then choose the type of file you want to create. In our example, we'll select Google Docs to create a new document. Your new file will appear in a new tab on your browser. Locate and select Untitled document in the upper-left corner.
- Select the pages or paragraphs that you want to change to portrait or landscape orientation.
- On the Page Layout tab, in the Page Setup group, click Margins.
- Click Custom Margins. (
- On the Margins tab, click Portrait or Landscape.
- In the Apply to list, click Selected text..
Upload & view files
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Drive app.
- Tap Add .
- Tap Upload.
- Find and tap the files you want to upload.
- View uploaded files in My Drive until you move them.
If you use Google Apps for Work or Google Apps for Education, you must enable offline access:
- Go to docs.google.com (or sheets.google.com or slides.google.com).
- Click on the menu icon at left.
- Select Settings.
- Look for "Offline Sync" and click "Turn on."
- Open the doc or file you'd like to share.
- Go to the File menu, and select Email as attachment.
- Select a file type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the email address of the people to whom you'd like to send the doc or file. If you'd like, you can also add a subject and a message.
- Click Send.
Step 1. To import a folder from the desktop, open your Google Drive. Resize your Google Drive window so that the portion of the desktop containing the file is visible. Then, right-click on the file and drag it from the desktop into your Google Drive.
To use the Web Clipboard, select the text you want to copy, click the Web Clipboard button on the Google Docs toolbar and select "Copy." To paste it, click the button again and select the item you want to paste.
Step 1: Plug the flash drive into a free USB port on your computer. Step 2: Log in to your Gmail account and go to Google Docs. Locate the folder in the Google Drive that contains all the files you would like to put on the flash drive. Step 3: Select the file you want to download by clicking on it.
Click the app menu icon (9 square boxes) at the top right corner of the screen of Google.com, then select “Drive”. You are now viewing your Google Drive. Click “New, then select “Google Docs.” Now you'll see a brand new Google Docs file open in the program.
- Open Excel.
- Notice there are rows and columns. Each column has a capital letter on the top to show what column it is.
- Click cell A1 and type: Item.
- Click cell B1 and type: Cost.
- Click cell A2 and type: Printing.
- Click in cell B2 and type 80.00.
- Click cell A3 and type: Postage.
- Click cell B3 and type: 75.55.
In order to save a Google Slide presentation onto a flash drive:
- Plug your flash drive into your Chromebook.
- Open your presentation in Google Slides.
- From the Menu, Select "File"
- Click "Download as"
- Select how you want your file saved as and save it to your desktop.
To do that, go to the Google Sheets Home. Then hit the Open file picker icon in the top-right corner. Next, hit the Upload tab and drag your XLS file into the Upload section or hit Select a file from your computer and choose the Excel file you want to upload.
A doc saves every 3-4 minutes. A spreadsheet saves every time you change a cell and then leave it (Enter, Tab or arrow). It does save automatically, on Google's servers. It won't save on your machine unless you install Gears and the Offline feature - which is notoriously buggy and slows down the response times.
Method 1 Using the Google Drive Website
- Log into the Google Drive website.
- Right-click on the file and select "Download" to save the file as a Word document.
- Open the file that you want to download.
- Click "File" and then select "Download As".
- Select the format you want to save the document as.
Sign in with your Google account. Select a document that you wish to download as a PDF and open it. Go to “File”, next click “Download as” and finally choose “PDF Document”. It should download into your Downloads or it will have an option to save into your desired folder.
Updated: 19th September 2018