How do I roast peppers in the oven?
Place the peppers cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Roast the peppers in the pre-heated 450 degree oven for about 25 minutes; or until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred, rotating the sheet if necessary for them to cook evenly.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Stir cheese into ground beef-rice mixture and spoon mixture into precooked peppers. Set peppers upright in an 8x8-inch baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and the peppers are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper to remove top of pepper.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stuff peppers with beef mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Place the peppers cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Roast the peppers in the pre-heated 450 degree oven for about 25 minutes; or until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred, rotating the sheet if necessary for them to cook evenly.
- Chop enough of the pepper tops to equal about 1/4 cup. 2. Stand the whole peppers upright in an 8-inch square microwave-safe dish. Add 2 tablespoons of water, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 3 to 5 minutes, or until peppers soften.
Set aside. Place the red pepper, courgettes and 3 sprigs of thyme in a roasting tin, drizzle with 1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil and season well. Cook for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4. Put the courgettes in a roasting dish in a single layer.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil, then drizzle over the courgettes. Turn to coat. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, then spoon into a warm serving dish and sprinkle with the chopped mint.
- Cutting courgette slices
- Top and tail each courgette, wash them in cold water and dry well. There is no need to peel or deseed them.
- Place the courgette onto your board and carefully slice across the courgette to the thickness you require, giving you a tidy pile of courgette slices.
- Here's a basic roasting method: Season salmon with a little salt and pepper, and place skin-side down in a lightly greased baking dish or sheet pan; then bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 12 to 15 minutes. No need to flip the fish.
Updated: 16th October 2018