How do I open Gmail on my computer?
Method 4 Other E-mail Clients
- Log in to your Gmail account in a web browser.
- Click the gear icon at the top right of your inbox, then select “Settings”.
- Click the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Select “Enable IMAP”.
- Click the “Configuration Instructions” link.
- Navigate to the mail client's account settings page.
Navigate to gmail.com using any Web browser. Enter your Google username and password in the the Username and Password fields and click "Sign In" to log in to your Google account. The default view is the Inbox folder. Click the "Inbox" link in the left pane if you don't see your inbox, to go to your Inbox folder.
- Turn redirect setting on or off
- Open Inbox on a computer.
- In the top left, go to the Menu .
- Scroll to the bottom and choose Settings Other.
- Check or uncheck the box for Redirect Gmail to inbox.google.com.
- Enter your Google Account username and password.If a username is already filled in and you need to sign in to a different account, click Sign in with a different account.If you see a page describing Gmail instead of the sign-in page, click Sign in in the top-right corner of the page.
- Write an email
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top left, click Compose.
- In the "To" field, add recipients. If you want, you can also add recipients in the "cc" and "bcc" fields.
- Add a subject.
- Write your message.
- At the bottom of the page, click Send.
Use Gmail to access your Google Account
- Go to the sign in page of the product (for Google Accounts it is myaccount.google.com).
- Enter your Gmail username (everything that appears before '@gmail.com').
- Enter your password.
- To sign in to your Google Account (or any Google product): Go to the sign in page of the product (for Google Accounts it is myaccount.google.com). Enter your Gmail username (everything that appears before '@gmail.com'). Enter your password.
- These accounts do not necessarily end with "@gmail.com". For example, a user can sign up for a Google Apps account that is associated with her @yahoo email address. Using this account she can create, edit and collaborate on Google Docs without using the Google Email system.
- Reset your administrator password
- Open the sign in/recovery page and enter the username you use to sign in to your administrator account.
- Click Next. If you don't know your username, click Forgot email?. Then follow the instructions to access your account using your recovery email address or phone number.
Updated: 26th November 2019