You can also press "Ctrl-O" in your browser to open a file selection window. Navigate to the HTML file you wish to open and double-click it to you that file in your browser. Internet Explorer becomes your default browser when you install Windows. It will launch when you double-click an HTML file.
Correspondingly, how do I open a program using Internet Explorer?
Part 3 Making Internet Explorer Your Default Browser (Windows 8.1 and Earlier)
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click "Programs" and then "Default Programs."
- Click "Set your default programs."
- Select "Internet Explorer" from the list of programs.
- Click the "Set this program as default" button.
How do you open a downloaded zip file?
Do one of the following:
- To unzip a single file or folder, open the zipped folder, then drag the file or folder from the zipped folder to a new location.
- To unzip all the contents of the zipped folder, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Is Internet Explorer part of Microsoft Office?
Internet Explorer (formerly Microsoft Internet Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer, commonly abbreviated IE or MSIE) is a series of graphical web browsers developed by Microsoft and included in the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, starting in 1995. The browser is discontinued, but still maintained.