- Start "Control Panel"
- Click "Default Programs"
- Click "Associate a file type or protocol with a specific program"
- Double click .jar.
- Browse C:Program FilesJava YOUR_JRE_VERSION injavaw.exe.
- Click the button Open.
- Click the button OK.
Similarly, you may ask, how do you open a jar file?
To open a jar file in Windows, you must have the Java Runtime Environment installed. Alternatively, you can use decompression software, such as an unzip utility, to view the files in the jar archive.
How do I run a jar file?
If you have a jar file called Example.jar, follow these rules:
- Open a notepad.exe.
- Write : java -jar Example.jar.
- Save it with the extension .bat.
- Copy it to the directory which has the .jar file.
- Double click it to run your .jar file.
What program runs jar files?
Open Windows Explorer (just open any folder) to get the "Tools" -> "Folder options" window. Change the program used to open JAR files. In the file select window, go to the folder where the JRE is installed (should be C:/Program Files/Java/ , mark "Always open with", and select the javaw.exe file.