How do I make my kindle fire a hotspot?
To set up your Fire tablet as a Wi-Fi hotspot, turn on your mobile network and ensure that you have an active mobile data connection (for example, a 4G LTE icon with signal bars). To turn your device into a Wi-Fi hotspot: Swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap Wireless. Tap Wi-Fi Hotspot.
Browsing the web on Kindle Fire requires only an active internet connection and works much like browsing on any other tablet. Touch “Web” on the Fire's home screen to launch the Silk web browser. Enter an address in the Silk address bar.
- Turn on Bluetooth pairing on your Kindle Fire. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Wireless, and then tap Bluetooth.
- Restart your Kindle Fire if you are still unable to pair your device with your Bluetooth accessory. Press and hold the Power button for 40 seconds or until the device restarts automatically.
- To set up your Fire tablet as a Wi-Fi hotspot, turn on your mobile network and ensure that you have an active mobile data connection (for example, a 4G LTE icon with signal bars). To turn your device into a Wi-Fi hotspot: Swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap Wireless. Tap Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Accessing Manage Your Kindle
- In your web browser, go to www.amazon.com.
- Hover over the Your Account drop-down menu. If you are accessing the Amazon site from the Silk browser on your Kindle Fire, tap instead of hovering.
- Choose Manage Your Kindle. If prompted, log in using your email address and Amazon password.
If you wish to connect your Kindle Fire HD to a TV, all you need is a standard Micro HDMI to Standard HDMI cable. Just connect the cable between your device and an available HDMI port on your TV, and you're ready to enjoy watching any content on your Kindle Fire HD on your TV. The connection will even provide audio.
- To stream or mirror your iOS device, you first need to install Reflector on the Fire TV. The app is available on the Amazon Appstore for Android and costs $6.99. Once Reflector is running on your Fire TV, you can open your iPad or iPhone and choose to connect to the media device via AirPlay in iOS 8.
- YouMap works in exactly the same way as Chromecast. Just open up a Cast-enabled app on an iOS or Android device, and a Cast button should appear on the screen. Select “YouMap” from the Cast menu, then select a video or song from your phone or tablet. It should start playing through the Fire TV.
- If you mean will it display on your laptop screen if you plug it in to your laptop's HDMI port, I don't see how it could. The Fire Stick is basically a tiny computer itself; It is an “output” device, and so is your laptop. You may be able to “cast” your laptop screen to the Fire TV stick, though.
Updated: 21st November 2019