How do I make a trail on Google Maps?
Draw a path or polygon
- Open Google Earth.
- Go to a place on the map.
- Above the map, click Add Path . To add a shape, click Add Polygon .
- A "New Path" or "New Polygon" dialog will pop up.
- To draw the line or shape you want, click a start point on the map and drag.
- Click an endpoint.
- Click OK.
To get walking directions (or biking or public transport directions), go into Google Maps on the Web or your mobile device and: Search for your destination first. Once you find it, Tap Directions (on the Website this is on the upper left side of the open browser window).
- Hear voice navigation from your car speakers
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone or tablet.
- Pair your phone or tablet to your car.
- Set the source for your car's audio system to Bluetooth.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap Menu Settings Navigation settings.
- Turn on Play voice over Bluetooth.
- Make sure you're signed in - you can do so by clicking the Login button in the top-right corner. In the top left corner, next to the search box, click the menu icon to expand the menu. Click "Your Places", "Maps" and then click "Create Map" to edit your map. A new window will pop up.
- Mute, unmute, or hear alerts
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Start navigation.
- In the top right, tap Sound . Then, choose one of the following: Mute: Tap Mute . Hear alerts: Tap Alerts . You'll hear alerts like traffic, construction, and crashes. You won't hear turn-by-turn directions.
Updated: 2nd October 2019