Having proper ventilation in your home for at least a few hours a day can greatly help to reduce indoor humidity.
- Air conditioning.
- Replace Furnace / AC filters.
- Take shorter or colder showers.
- Line dry clothes outdoors.
- Crack a window open.
- Place houseplants outside.
- Use your kitchen exhaust fans.
Moreover, what are the causes of moisture in a house?
Parts of your house that are in direct contact with the cold outside air are cooler than the air inside. The temperature difference with the warm, moist air inside can cause continuous condensation to occur on those cold surfaces. All that wetness will attract mold growth and cause moisture stains.
How do I dehumidify my house?
How to Dehumidify a Room Without a Dehumidifier
- Run a fan to reduce dampness in a humid room.
- Open windows often if the outside moisture is lower than the inside moisture.
- Run an air conditioner if you have one.
- Place containers of desiccant in the room.
- Check the containers once or twice a week to determine how often they need to be tended.
How do I get moisture out of my charging port?
Do NOT stick any objects into the USB charging port. This can result in damage to the charging mechanism. Water will naturally dry or evaporate from the USB charging port within approximately 1 to 2 hours. Gently shake the device and/or blow into the USB charging port to help remove water or moisture from the port.