Log into your router's browser-based utility by entering 192.168.0.1 or your default configuration IP into a browser.
- Go to the "Advanced Setup" menu.
- Select the "WAN Settings" link from the left.
- Change your DNS type.
- Enter the first DNS resolver address.
- Enter the second DNS resolver address.
- Save your settings.
In respect to this, how do I get into my CenturyLink modem?
If these steps don't work for your CenturyLink modem, go to the modems and routers page, select your modem, and look for the "wireless section". Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1. Login to your modem by entering the Admin Username and Admin Password, then select "Apply."
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. It is a wireless network security standard that tries to make connections between a router and wireless devices faster and easier. WPS works only for wireless networks that use a password that is encrypted with the WPA Personal or WPA2 Personal security protocols.
Instead, this is how to reboot your wireless router:
- Unplug your router or modem from its power outlet (don't just turn it off).
- Wait 15-20 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Allow the device a minute or two to turn back on.
Read all these steps before attempting a reset. To perform a factory RESET:
- Press and hold the reset button.
- Release the reset button after the lights on the modem start flickering (10 to 15 seconds).
- Wait 3 to 5 minutes for the Internet light to turn green.
- Try connecting to the Internet.
3.Power on your router and computer first and then modem.
- Log into the router's web-based management page.
- Configure WAN Connection Type.
- Enter your PPPoE username and password which are provided by your ISP.
- Click Save to save your settings, then the router will connect to Internet after a while.
Unplug the router first, then unplug the modem. Neither of them have power buttons, so it's a matter of pulling the power cord out of the back of the modem or router. Count down to 10, then plug the modem back in and then the router next. Give them both time to boot up and connect by watching the activity lights.
How to reset internet settings in Windows
- Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows.
- Launch Internet Explorer and click on the cog icon in the top-right corner. Then choose Internet Options.
- On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
- Restart your computer when IE has finished restoring the settings.
|Type||Server Names||IP Address|
|IPv4||resolver1.centurylink.net||22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199|
|IPv4||resolver2.centurylink.net||188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206|
In the address bar, type 192.168.0.1 and press Enter. Select Change Wireless Password in the right hand menu. Or select Wireless settings, Setup or Wireless depending on your router type. Enter the default router settings username and password in lowercase.
To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. NOTE: Resetting your router to its default factory settings will also reset your router's password. The router's default password is “admin” as for the username, just leave the field blank.
CenturyLink Compatible Modem
- Actiontec 300 Mbps Wireless-N ADSL Modem Router (GT784WN)
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Certified with CenturyLink - Non-bonded, DSL Internet Only (D7000)
- Zyxel C1100Z 802.11n VDSL2 Wireless Gateway CenturyLink.
Resetting your Wi-Fi password is easy. Type your router's IP address —192.168.0.1— into your Web browser. At the login screen, select “admin” from the drop down menu and enter your password. Once you access the Web configuration screen, click the “Wireless Settings” link on the left-hand side.
OpenDNS is a company and service that extends the Domain Name System (DNS) by adding features such as phishing protection and optional content filtering in addition to DNS lookup, if its DNS servers are used. OpenDNS' business services were renamed as Cisco Umbrella; home products retained the OpenDNS name.
Domain Name System (DNS) translates human-friendly (user defined) computer host names into IP addresses. Every time a user enters a domain name, a DNS server converts the name into the respective IP address. Host Mapping is used to assign a specific IP address to a domain name.
If you were able to surf the web but now you can't, this may resolve your issue.
- Close your Internet browser if it's open.
- Unplug the modem's power cord.
- Count to 15, which lets the modem power down.
- Plug it back in.
- Wait two minutes for the modem to initialize the connection.
- Open your web browser.
A modem is a device that provides access to the Internet (see below). The modem connects to your ISP, which typically provides either cable or DSL Internet service. Cable modems have a coaxial (or "coax") connection, which is the same type of connector found on a TV or cable box.
Configure modem settings
- Open your Internet browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome, Safari) on your computer.
- Enter the following into the address bar: 192.168.0.1.
- Press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
- You will be taken to the Arris (Motorola) SBG6782 login screen.
- Log in in with the following information:
- Click Login.
Unplug the power cord from the modem and your router. Verify you have unplugged the correct cords by checking that all the lights on the modem/router are turned OFF. 3. Wait 1 minute, then plug the power cord back into the modem and then the router.
EMTA Arris TG862
- Enter the URL 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- Enter admin in the User Name field.
- Enter password in the Password field.
- Click Apply to enter the console.
- Choose Basic Setup.
- Enter the Wireless Network Name (SSID) of your choice.
- Enter a password of your choice in the field Pre-Shared Key.
- Click on Apply.
The router has internal wireless radios that broadcast signals in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz range. By default, they are on so that you can connect wirelessly to the router. When the wireless radios are off, you can still use an Ethernet cable for a LAN connection to the router.
Locate the Reset button on the back of your modem. Press and hold the Reset button using a pen or other pointed non-metallic object until the lights on the front of your modem turn off. Release the button and wait for the modem to cycle back up and reinitialize. This can take up to five minutes.