How do I know if a message was delivered on iPhone?
Tap “Settings” on the Home screen and go to “Messages.” Tap the “Off” button within the iMessage section of the Messages screen so that the button reads “On.” Tap the “Off” button in the Send Read Receipts section so that it reads “On.” Tap “Settings” to save your preferences and return to the Settings screen.
If it's green, it's an ordinary text message and doesn't offer the read/delivered receipts. iMessage only works when you're sending messages to other iPhone users. Even then, you'll only see that they've read your message if they've turned on the 'Send Read Receipts' option in Settings > Messages.
- Messages sent to non Apple devices will not get such a report. Tap “Settings” on the Home screen and select “Messages.” Tap the “Off” button within the iMessage section of the Messages screen so that the button reads “On.” Tap the “Off” button in the Send Read Receipts section so that it reads “On.”
- How to turn read receipts off for individual conversations in iMessage for iOS 10:
- Launch the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the conversation for which you would like to turn read receipts on or off.
- Tap on the Info icon ( it looks like an 'i') in the upper right hand corner.
- Toggle Send Read Receipts off.
- An audio or video message recorded and sent from Messages will expire two minutes after you play it. Before an audio or video message expires, you can tap Keep, under the message, to manually save it in the Messages and to your attachments. To view your saved attachments, tap details while viewing the conversation.
Updated: 2nd October 2019