How do I get Windows Media Player to play a DVD?
To play a CD or DVD. Insert the disc you want to play into the drive. Typically, the disc will start playing automatically. If it doesn't play, or if you want to play a disc that is already inserted, open Windows Media Player, and then, in the Player Library, select the disc name in the navigation pane.
Do either of the following:
- Drag a file or folder from the Finder to the iTunes window. If you add a folder, all the files it contains are added to your library.
- In iTunes, choose File > Add to Library, locate a file or folder, then click Open.
- When you purchase movies and TV shows from iTunes, they are automatically synced in iCloud so you can watch them on all of your devices. A shortcut to every movie you've purchased will be in the TV app. You can then either stream or download the movie onto your device. Open the TV app on your iPhone or iPad.
- To copy all of your media files, including the library file that holds all your playlists and other settings, to your new computer:
- Locate the iTunes folder on your new computer:
- Drag the iTunes folder in this location onto the desktop.
- Locate the external drive on your new computer:
- Select a video and press Command-I; you'll see the info window, as above. Click the Options tab, and then the media kind menu. You'll see these choices: Choose the media kind you want, then click OK to save the video as a movie, TV show or music video.
Create a CD or DVD
- Create a playlist that contains the songs or files you want to burn to the CD; make sure the items you want to include have a checkmark beside them.
- Insert a blank disc.
- Select the playlist, then choose File > Burn Playlist to Disc.
- Select a disc format.
- The easiest way to extract the sound from a video is to use our audio converter.
- Open the audio converter.
- Click "Open files".
- In the resulting window select the file you wish to extract the sound from.
- While the sound is being extracted, choose the format in which you want to convert the sound.
- Extract Audio from Video with VLC Media Player. VLC is known as a media player but it can do so much more. One of the many things it can do is to convert files from one format to another, or as shown here, to extract audio from video as an MP3 file.
- Choose a .MP4 video or any other supported media file from your device or cloud storage.
- Select ".mp3" as the conversion format from the dropdown menu.
- Click the "Start" button to start converting your file.
- When the conversion is completed, click on the download link to get your converted .MP3 file.
Updated: 2nd October 2019