- Click Start, type cmd in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.
- In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
- When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
Keeping this in consideration, how do you make yourself administrator on Windows 7?
How do I get Administrator permission on Windows 7?
- Log into Windows as an administrator.
- Right-click on the file or folder you want to change permissions for.
- Select "Properties."
- Click the "Security" tab.
- Click the "Edit" button.
- Click the "Add" button to add a new user or group to the list.
How do I run as administrator in Windows 7?
- Navigate to the program folder of the program you want to run.
- Right-click the program icon (the .exe file).
- Choose Properties.
- On the Compatibility tab, select the Run This Program As An Administrator option.
- Click OK.
- If you see a User Account Control prompt, accept it.