How do I get rid of Mac cleaner pop up?
Open the Applications folder and move an item named "Advanced Mac Cleaner" (if it's present) to the Trash. Also remove any items with a name such as "Shoppy" or "WebShoppy." Empty the Trash. In the Extensions tab of the Safari preferences window, uninstall an extension named "XSearch" if it's present.
- Windows users select “Safari” > “Preferences“.
- Click on “Security” at the top of the window.
- Check the box “Block pop-up windows” to enable this feature. Uncheck it to disable it.
- From the Safari menu, select “Preferences“. In the Safari Preferences window, click the “Extensions” tab.
- Next, select “Preferences“, go to the “General” tab and change the “Default Search Engine” to Google. Then, in the “General” tab, find the “Home Page” and change it to “google.com”.
- Here's how to remove MacKeeper from your Mac:
- Open MacKeeper.
- Quit MacKeeper.
- Open the Applications folder and drag MacKeeper to the Trash.
- Enter your admin password.
- A pop-up window appears asking if you want to Uninstall the rest of the components.
- Click Uninstall MacKeeper.
- Choose Go > Go to Folder from Finder.
- To allow pop-ups:
- From the Safari menu, choose Preferences and click the Security tab.
- Ensure the Block pop-up windows option is not checked. Unchecking this option will allow pop-ups.
- To block pop-ups once again, check the Block pop-up windows checkbox.
To turn off pop-up blocker, follow these instructions:
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome menu (the three horizontal bars in the upper right corner)
- Select Settings.
- Click the Show advanced settings
- Under Privacy, click the Content Settings button.
- If you'd like to proactively allow pop-ups for specific sites:
- Click the Chrome menu in the top right hand corner of your browser.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Under the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the "Pop-ups" section, select "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups."
- To disable pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer 10:
- Click the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop to open the program.
- Click the Tools button in the toolbar at the top of the browser window.
- Select Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- Click the Privacy tab in the Internet Options pop-up window.
- Relaunch the web browser on your Mac as you hold down the Shift key. This prevents Safari from automatically reopening any windows. Next, choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then follow these steps: Click the Security icon and select “Block pop-up windows" to stop some types of pop-ups.
Updated: 2nd October 2019