How do I get from exodar to Stormwind?
Ummm, I would recommend going to the Exodar first. It's the Draenei home "city" on Azuremyst Isle with an AH, bank, trainers, etc. There is a boat just outside of the Exodar that will take you to Auberdine and onward. No need to swim, and no need to go all the way to Stormwind at this point.
You take the portal (in Darnassus) and it takes you to Ruth'eran Village. From there you wait for the boat on the dock. There's also a flight path from Rut'theran Village to Auberdine, for the record. If I recall, for your first visit, you need to actually take the boat, then get the flight point.
- , which contains the bank of Darnassus. It is located on the central island of the Temple Gardens. , west of the bank. The portal from Rut'theran Village is also usable by Horde characters, allowing Horde raids on the city.
- From Lor'danel in Darkshore (see below), take a free hippogryph ride to Rut'theran Village. From Stormwind, go to Stormwind Harbor, then take a boat to Rut'theran Village. From Stormwind, go to Stormwind Harbor, then take a boat to Rut'theran Village. From there, take a flight path to Lor'danel.
- You can fly from Darkshore (if you have at least Artisan level) to Rut'theran Village (start at 40.33, 12.3 to ensure you are at furtherest point of non-fatigue waters) and then take the boat (at the west dock - 52.1, 88.96) that is in Rut'theran Village to Azuremyst Isle.
Rut'theran Village. Rut'theran Village is an outpost port for the night elf city of Darnassus, located at the very bottom of the great tree Teldrassil. There is a portal here that goes directly into Darnassus, as well as three docks with regular boats going to the Exodar and Stormwind City.
- In Stormwind, the Deeprun Tram is in the northeast part called the Dwarven District mostly inhabited by dwarves. You enter the tram instance through a tunnel at the east-most side surrounded by a great big rotating gear as in Ironforge. There are two trams that arrive at varying intervals.
- Krom Stoutarm is a level 20 warlock and quest giver located in the Library in the Hall of Explorers, in the dwarf city of Ironforge. He was later made the heirloom vendor for the Alliance.
- The great city of dwarves and gnomes, Ironforge is the main Alliance city in northern Eastern Kingdoms. It is located in Dun Morogh and is connected to Stormwind via Deeprun Tram.
You can take a boat from the northern dock of Auberdine to Rut'theran Village. From Stormwind, go to Stormwind Harbor, then take a boat (on left) to Darnassus. Find flight master and fly to Darkshore. From Theramore Isle, swim north along the coast, then go west (safer than going through Dustwallow Marsh).
- Past level 80, the quickest way to is take the portal from Stormwind to Uldum and simply fly to Tanaris. Otherwise, take the Tram to Ironforge then fly (or walk) to Menethil harbor. From there, take the boat to Theramore and swim through Thousand Needles (south of Dustwallow Marsh) and right into Tanaris.
- To get to the Hinterlands, start at the Wetlands and cross Thandol's Span in the Arathi Highlands. Follow the road west and pass through Thoridan's Wall in the Hillsbrad Foothills. Durnholde Keep will be on the right hand side of the road. North of the keep is a path through the hills into the Hinterlands.
- Stormwind Harbor. Stormwind Harbor is located in the northwestern area of Stormwind City, with the access point set between the now-destroyed Park and Cathedral Square. Players are able to sail to Northrend from there since Wrath of the Lich King.
Updated: 2nd October 2019