Navigate to your favorite page and click the wrench icon in the right corner of the screen. Scroll down to Tools and select Create Application Shortcuts. From the dialogue box, choose whether you want the shortcut to appear on your Desktop, in your Start menu or pinned to your Taskbar.
Add a shortcut to get directions
- On your Android phone or tablet, go to the widget section.
- Find the "Google Directions" widget .
- Touch and hold the widget and drop it on your Home screen.
- At the top, choose a type of transport, like walking or driving.
- Enter a destination and shortcut name.
To do this, open Google Chrome and go to docs.google.com. If you want to create a shortcut to a specific document, open that file. Then go to the setting menu in Chrome (the three horizontal lines at the top right of your browser), More Tools, and Create Application Shortcuts.
Tap by tap guide
- 1 - Tap the bookmark icon. When you're on the page you want to create a shortcut to, just tap on the bookmark icon.
- 2 - Tap on 'Add to home screen' When the bookmark options appear, tap on 'Add to home screen'.
- 3 - Change the shortcut name.
- 4 - See the shortcut appear.
Step 1: Open the Safari app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Type keep.google.com into the address bar at the top of the screen, then tap the blue Go button.
- Step 3: Tap the Share icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 4: Tap the Add to Home Screen icon.
- Step 5: Tap the Add button to create the icon on your Home screen.
Just follow these steps:
- Visit the Home screen page on which you want to stick the app icon, or launcher.
- Touch the Apps icon to display the apps drawer.
- Long-press the app icon you want to add to the Home screen.
- Drag the app to the Home screen page, lifting your finger to place the app.
Click Start and type in the search box "Google Chrome". Right click on Google Chrome > Open the file location > right click the Chrome icon and create a new shortcut. Drag the shortcut to your desktop and right click and pin to taskbar.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- To see the menu, press Alt.
- Click Tools Manage Add-ons.
- Select Google Toolbar, Google Toolbar Helper.
- Click Enable.
- Click Close.
There is no longer a wrench icon in Google Chrome. In the top right corner of Chrome's browser window is a "spring" icon (3 horizontal lines that semi-look like a spring). The spring is the new wrench.
- If you don't have a Google Chrome shortcut on your desktop, make one by right-clicking the Google Chrome and selecting Send to --> Desktop.
- Download the old 3D Google Chrome by writing 'Old Google Chrome icon' in the Google image search.
- Go to the desktop and right-click Google Chrome icon.
- Choose Properties.
To default to Google, here's how you do it:
- Click the Tools icon at the far right of the browser window.
- Select Internet options.
- In the General tab, find the Search section and click Settings.
- Select Google.
- Click Set as default and click Close.
Find a space on your main screen (without icons) and hard press for a second or two until your widgets screen appears. Flip through the screens until you locate the Google toolbar. Press down on it and move it to your main screen.
Here's how it works:
- Open up Safari and load a web site.
- At the bottom of the screen you'll see an icon depicting an arrow that looks like it's trying to get away from a square.
- If you managed to tap that button successfully, you'll have a few options.
- You'll be asked to choose a name for the homescreen icon.
Making a shortcut to Gmail
- Go to your Gmail inbox using your browser of choice.
- Copy the text that is in the address bar (see below if you don't know what that is)
- Go to the desktop and right-click, then choose New>Shortcut.
- Paste the webpage address you copied into the 'Create Shortcut' dialogue.
Material Design (codenamed Quantum Paper) is a design language developed in 2014 by Google. Expanding upon the "card" motifs that debuted in Google Now, Material Design makes more liberal use of grid-based layouts, responsive animations and transitions, padding, and depth effects such as lighting and shadows.
How to restore the old Windows desktop icons
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Themes.
- Click the Desktop icons settings link.
- Check each icon you want to see on the desktop, including Computer (This PC), User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Here's how to make it work:
- Right-click or tap and hold any blank place on the Windows 10 Desktop.
- Choose New > Shortcut.
- Pick one of the ms-settings apps listed below and type it into the input box.
- Click Next, give the shortcut a name, and click Finish.
Method 1 Using Internet Explorer or Firefox
- Open your web browser.
- Visit the website you want to create a shortcut to.
- Make sure the browser isn't full screen.
- Click and drag the site's icon in the address bar.
- Release the icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the shortcut.
Open “App Store” and choose “Updates” followed by going to the “Purchased” section at the bottom of the screen. Tap on the “Not On This iPad” tab at top (or “Not On This iPhone”) Find the accidentally deleted app in the list and tap the cloud arrow icon to redownload the app, enter Apple ID password when requested.
Open a Finder window containing an application, file, or folder that you use frequently. 2. Click the item that you want to add to the Dock and drag it out of the Finder window and onto the Dock. An icon for this item now appears on the Dock.
Re: How to get the Google search bar back on the Main Home Screen?
- press and hold an empty space on a widget panel.
- In the pop-menu, tap Add apps and widgets.
- Tap > Widgets.
- Scroll through the widgets, or tap to search for a specific widget.