How do I find out what kind of Android phone I have?
Part 1 Using Settings
- Examine your phone's housing.
- Open your phone's.
- Scroll down and tap About phone.
- Look at the "Model number" section.
- Look at the "Android version" section.
- Tap Regulatory information.
- Look at the "Manufacturer name" section.
How do I find my Android device's model number?
- On Android device select “Apps”.
- Locate “Settings” in the apps menu. This often looks like a gear icon.
- Locate and select “About Phone” or “About Tablet” or “About Device” (name is different for all devices).
- Look for “Model Number” or “Model.”
- If you're using an Android LG phone, you can find the number through the menu, so that you don't have to turn off your phone. Go to your "Settings" menu, scroll down to "About Phone," and then tap "Phone Identity" to see several pieces of information about your phone, including the serial number and model number.
- Please note that this "GSM" A1532 iPhone 5c model -- which is compatible with LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 19, 20, and 25 (but not CDMA EV-DO) -- is intended for the North American market (AT&T and T-Mobile in the US; Bell, Rogers, Telus, and affiliate brands in Canada; and Telcel in Mexico).
- A big reason for this is the perception that there's little difference between the iPhone 6S and its stunningly successful predecessor, the iPhone 6. While the iPhone 6S looks identical to the iPhone 6, under the surface there are major differences between the two phones.
On an iPhone running iOS 10.3 or later:
- Open the Settings app.
- At the top, you'll see your Apple ID/iCloud profile photo and your name. Tap on it.
- Scroll down until you see your devices. The first device should be your iPhone; you will see the name of your device. Tap on it.
- To check available storage on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Choose the General tab.
- Finally, choose the About tab and scroll until you see the Available option.
- The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc. The devices are part of the iPhone series and were announced on September 9, 2014, and released on September 19, 2014.
- Check your phone's settings. The easiest way to check your phone's model name and number is to use the phone itself. Go to the Settings or Options menu, scroll to the bottom of the list, and check 'About phone', 'About device' or similar. The device name and model number should be listed.
The easiest way to change the device name of your Android device is doing it from the About screen itself. Open Settings on your phone or tablet, scroll to About and tap on it. If you have an HTC device, go to Settings> About> Phone identity and tap on Phone Name. Type your custom device name and done.
- Navigate to System and either click Advanced system settings in the left-hand menu or click Change settings under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings. This will open the System Properties window. 3. In the System Properties window, click the Computer Name tab.
- Click Save.
- Open your web browser. To connect to a Wi-Fi network, you need to know its network name (SSID).
- Type home or 192.168.2.1 in the address bar.
- Click Wireless.
- To change the network name (SSID), delete the current SSID.
- Enter a new network name.
- Click Save.
- If you want to change this name, you can do so at any time through your Settings menu.
- Tap “Settings,” from the home screen of the Samsung Galaxy, tap “More” and then tap “About device.”
- Tap “Device name.”
- Enter the new name for your phone in the text box.
- Tap “OK” when you're done to save your changes.
Updated: 11th September 2018