- Start Outlook 2016. If Outlook 2016 isn't already running, start it now.
- Select the account. Click the File tab on the ribbon:
- Verify the basic account settings.
- Verify the “Outgoing Server” settings.
- Verify the “Advanced” settings.
- Test the settings.
- Finish the wizard.
So, how do I find the IP address of my SMTP server?
- Click on the “Start” menu, type “run” press enter then type “cmd” press enter (type without quotes)
- A command prompt will open in a new window.
- Type ping space smtp server name. For example “ping mail.servername.com” and press “enter”. This command try to contact the SMTP server through IP address.
What is the SMTP server?
What is my SMTP server for Yahoo Mail?