How do I find my apps on my Android?
To find it, head to the Google Play website, click the section for "Apps" in the left-side menu, then choose "My apps." You will see a grid of app page links, and it shows every app you have ever installed on any Android device you have logged into with your Google account.
Make sure "Backup my data" is enabled. As for app syncing, go to Settings > Data usage, tap on the three-dot menu symbol at the top right of the screen, and make sure "Auto-sync data" is turned on. Once you have a backup, select it on your new phone and you'll be offered a list of all the apps on your old phone.
- Put the battery back in the phone and call MetroPCS customer service by dialing 1-888-8 Metro 8 (1-888-863-8768) from a landline or by dialing *611 from another MetroPCS handset. When the automated system comes on the line and asks how she can help tell her "upgrade my phone." Do not call from the old or the new phone.
- How to move your data from Android to iPhone or iPad with Move to iOS
- Set up your iPhone or iPad until you reach the screen titled "Apps & Data".
- Tap "Move Data from Android" option.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store and search for Move to iOS.
- Open the Move to iOS app listing.
- Tap Install.
- Here's how to backup with Google Drive:
- Launch WhatsApp from your Home screen or from the app drawer.
- Tap the menu icon on the top right of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Chats and calls.
- Tap Chat backup.
- Tap Google Drive settings to choose the frequency with which you'd like to backup your chats.
- Tap Account.
Updated: 16th October 2019