How do I enable my camera?
- From the Home screen, tap Apps (located in the lower-right).
- From the Apps tab, tap Settings.
- From the Device section, tap Application manager.
- From the All tab, tap an app.
- Tap Force stop.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Disable.
- Tap OK.
Go into Settings > Applications Manager and then swipe left for All Apps. Scroll down to the Camera app and tap on it. Now tap on Force Stop, then Clear Cache, then Clear Data. Don't worry: this won't delete any of your photographs, but it will delete your camera's settings so you'll need to set those again.
- Sometimes the problem lies in iPhone camera flash that doesn't work. Tap the lightning bolt in the upper left of the screen and make sure the flash is On. Try to restart your iPhone (press and hold the Home and Power/Sleep buttons). Turn on the Flashlight from the Control Center.
- Restart the phone. If restarting doesn't work, clear the cache and data of the camera app by Settings > Applications > Application manager > Camera app. Then tap Force Stop, and go to the Storage menu, where you select Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- To switch between internal storage and the external memory card on a dual storage device like the Samsung Galaxy S4, please tap on the icon in the upper left to slide out the Menu. You can also tap and drag-right to slide the menu out. Then tap on "Settings". Then tap on the "Storage:".
Access the setting to turn the camera flash on or off on your Android device using these steps.
- Open the “Camera” app.
- Tap the flash icon. Some models may require you to select the “Menu” icon ( or ) first.
- Toggle the lighting icon to the desired setting. Lightning with nothing = Flash will activate on every picture.
- For Mac OS X 10.11, macOS 10.12, and later
- Open Safari, and choose Safari > Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab and scroll down to the Plug-ins section.
- Click the check box to enable Flash Player.
- Select a setting to use for Flash Player when you visit other websites.
- Step 2: Tap the lightning bolt icon at the top-left of the screen. Step 3: Select the Off option at the top of the screen to disable the camera flash on your iPhone. You will know that the camera flash is turned off when there is a diagonal line through the lightning bolt icon.
- Swipe up from the bottom bezel of your iPhone to bring up Control Center. Tap the Flashlight button at the bottom left. Point the LED flash on the back of your iPhone at whatever you want to light up.
Reset the Screen Icon Layout. You may have inadvertently stuffed the camera icon into another folder or on a distant page, if so you can reveal it again by resetting the home screen icon layout: Open Settings and go to General. Select the “Reset” option and tap on “Reset Home Screen Layout”
- Live Photos currently only works on the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus so make sure you have one of those first. Sorry old iPhone users. To take one, open the Camera app and make sure the circular icon in between the HDR and timer options is illuminated. If it's not lit up, tap to turn it on.
- Live Photos is on by default on your iPhone 6s and later. If you want to take a still image instead, tap to turn off Live Photos. You can preserve your Camera settings so that Live Photos is always on or off. Go to Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings.
- Motion Stills on iOS is meant to be a really easy way to turn the iPhone's Live Photos into shareable GIFs — and it's pretty great at that. But Android doesn't have Live Photos, so the new Motion Stills is basically just a camera app that exports GIFs. But there's not actually a photo involved.
Updated: 28th October 2019