Reset your Android phone to the default launcher
- Step 1: Run the Settings app.
- Step 2: Tap Apps, then swipe over to the All heading.
- Step 3: Scroll down until you find the name of your current launcher, then tap it.
- Step 4: Scroll down to the Clear Defaults button, then tap it.
To choose a different default, go to Settings > Home and pick from the list. To clear any defaults and get a choice again, go to Settings > Apps and find the list entry for the launcher you've set as default. Tap the entry to open the app settings, and chose to Clear Defaults.
How to switch back to the default launcher on the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to pull down the Notification Shade.
- Tap the Settings button in the top right corner of your screen.
- Swipe up to scroll down.
- Tap Applications.
- Tap Default applications.
- Tap Home screen.
TouchWiz is the interface used by Samsung, they're including it in their stock ROMs. "TouchWiz home" and "TouchWiz easy home" are the launchers, supplied with the TouchWiz interface. The "TouchWiz home" is used by default and is more feature-rich.
Clear Cache & Data of Touchwiz Home
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to 'APPLICATIONS,' then tap Application manager.
- Swipe right to the ALL screen.
- Find and tap Touchwiz Home.
- Tap Clear cache.
- Tap Clear data, then OK.
If you want to completely remove Samsung's UI from your device, your only option is to flash your device with a new ROM that doesn't have a shred of TouchWiz in it. To erase Touchwiz from your phone, you'll need a few things: first, install a custom recovery and then install the new ROM from the custom recovery.
Best Android launchers. On an Android phone, the launcher is the app responsible for the home screen, the app 'grid', and launching the aforementioned apps. Phones generally come with either the stock Google launcher, or more commonly, a launcher whacked on top by a hardware manufacturer like Samsung.
CM Launcher is a very lightweight launcher that lets you keep all your apps organized in an elegant and smooth way, while offering many other features as well. By default, the main screen of your desktop will show your most-used apps: WhatsApp, Facebook, Settings, Camera, Google Chrome, etc.
TouchWiz Launcher is Samsung's brainchild. It was developed by Samsung to give an edge to the Android operating system. With Android being highly customizable, Samsung is not the only company that has personalized the operating system for their users.
TouchWiz. TouchWiz (or Samsung TouchWiz) is the user interface created, designed and developed by Samsung Electronics with partners, featuring a full touch user interface. TouchWiz is available only on Samsung devices. The Android version of TouchWiz also comes with the Samsung-made app store Galaxy Apps.
Joy Launcher is the top launcher for modern Android, and it is one of the best of the AOSP-style launchers available in Android. Fancy features: Boost – A kind of cool dynamic effect which can clean up the cache of your phone and make your phone faster than before.
TouchWiz is touch interface created and developed by Samsung Electronics with partners, featuring a full touch user interface. TouchWiz is available only on Samsung phones. TouchWiz is used by Samsung's own proprietary operating systems, Bada and REX, as well as phones based on the Android operating system.
Air Launcher is a free app for Android which lets you have the fastest & smoothest launcher on your smartphone. The app comes with more than 900 free themes, hundreds of thousands of wallpapers. It offers you one-tap cleaning, simple gesture controls, theme DIY, fancy filters, and with all new earphones manager.
Reset the Home screen Layout
- From the home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down, then tap Applications.
- Tap Application manager.
- Scroll across to the All tab.
- Scroll down, then tap TouchWiz Home.
- Tap Clear Data.
- Tap OK/CLEAR.
Here's how to reset to the default.
- Open the Settings app.
- Locate Apps or Application Manager (depending upon which device you use)
- Swipe the screen to the left to get to the All tab.
- Scroll down until you locate the currently running home screen.
- Scroll down until you see the Clear Defaults button (Figure A)
From Google Now, scroll down and tap the menu button (three vertical dots), then choose Settings to get at the app's key options. Toggle the switch at the top of the screen to turn off everything in Google Now in one fell swoop then confirm your choice on the subsequent dialog box.
Set Default Home Screen Panel - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge. The default panel appears when the Home button is pressed. From a Home screen, touch and hold a blank area. Swipe left or right to the preferred panel.
Corrupt Cache & Data
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings, then the General tab.
- Tap Application Manager and swipe left or right to display the tab where it can be found.
- Scroll to and tap Touchwiz.
- Tap Clear Cache and then Clear Data.
- Reboot the phone.
The default panel appears when the Home button is pressed.
- From a Home screen, touch and hold a blank area.
- Swipe left or right to the preferred panel.
- Tap the Home icon (located at the top of the preferred panel).
Use any photo you've taken with the camera as the lock screen wallpaper.
- From the Home screen, tap > Settings > Personalize.
- Under Themes, tap Change or edit theme.
- Tap > Next > Edit > Other wallpapers.
- Slide to the Lock screen thumbnail, tap Change wallpaper, and then choose a source for your wallpaper.
On an Android phone, the launcher is basically the maître d': it's the bit of software that welcomes you onto the phone, is in charge of the home screen, and does the behind-the-scenes launching of any apps. It also tends to vary a fair bit between different Android-running phones.