Take ownership of troublesome files.
- Boot into Safe Mode.
- Right-click on the file or folder you want to delete.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click Advanced and then Owner.
- Check the box next to your user name for "Full Control".
- Click Apply and then try deleting the file or folder again.
Beside this, what is the DOS command to delete a file?
To delete a full directory, you need to use a switch with the above example. For example, "rmdir example /s" to remove a full "example" directory. See our deltree command or rmdir command for additional examples and switches. Deleting files in MS-DOS without a prompt.
How can you manually delete the Windows old folder?
Here's the proper way to delete the Windows.old folder:
- Step 1: Click in Windows' search field, type Cleanup, then click Disk Cleanup.
- Step 2: Click the "Clean up system files" button.
- Step 3: Wait a bit while Windows scans for files, then scroll down the list until you see "Previous Windows installation(s)."
How do you force delete an app?
Go back to Settings>iTunes & App Store>Sign in and then try to update again. Tap one waiting icon only if necessary to start the download stream. You can also try deleting the waiting icons - tap and hold down on an icon until it wiggles - the tap the X on the icon to delete it. Then try to download again.