Saving Your Spreadsheet as a CSV
- Open your file in your spreadsheet program.
- Click on File and choose Save As.
- Under Save as type, choose CSV (Comma delimited). Click Save.
- You may see a message that your file "may contain features that are not compatible with CSV."
What is a CSV file example?
CSV is a simple file format used to store tabular data, such as a spreadsheet or database. Files in the CSV format can be imported to and exported from programs that store data in tables, such as Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc. CSV stands for "comma-separated values".
How do I open a csv file?
Method 1 Microsoft Excel
- Launch Microsoft Excel on your computer.
- Click the “File” menu and select “Open”.
- Select a CSV file and press “Open”.
- Click on the “Data” tab to access the “Text to Columns” wizard (optional).
- Click “Text to Columns”.
- Select the “Delimited” option, then click on “Next.”