How do I connect my iPhone to my Google home?
If you don't want to turn on Bluetooth for setup,
- Tap No thanks.
- Tap your iPhone's Home button Go to your iOS Settings Wi-Fi.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network that matches your Google Home device. Look for something like GoogleHomeXXXX.k, GoogleHomeXXXX.o, or GoogleHomeXXXX.p.
- Navigate back to the Google Home app.
Play Google Play Music and YouTube Music. And the Google Home will allow you to stream any audio service that has a mobile app with Chromecast support. However, with a Google Home, you can also stream from YouTube Music, so long as you're a YouTube Red subscriber.
- Cast all Android audio to Google Home
- Ensure your Android device is connected to the same WiFi network as your Google Home.
- Open the Google Home app for Android.
- Access the side-menu of the app and tap Cast Screen/Audio.
- Tap the “Cast Screen/Audio” button.
- Select the Google Home device you want audio to play from.
- Step 4. Set up Voice Match on Google Home
- Open the Google Home app .
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Google Home.
- Tap Menu and make sure the Google Account listed is the one you want to link to your voice.
- In the top right corner of the app's Home screen, tap Devices .
- If you don't want to turn on Bluetooth for setup, Tap No thanks. Tap your iPhone's Home button Go to your iOS Settings Wi-Fi. Connect to the Wi-Fi network that matches your Google Home device.
Google Home lets you call anyone in your contacts; it doesn't matter if they also own a Google Home speaker or not. You're calling their actual phone. There's no way to call someone else's Google Home like you can make Echo to Echo calls with Alexa. Google only supports outgoing calls.
- Set up your phone to use Google Voice for calls:
- On your Android device, open the Google Voice app .
- At the top left, tap Menu Settings.
- Under "Calls," tap Phone number for outgoing calls.
- To make a call with Google Voice, choose one of the following options: Yes (all calls) Yes (international calls only)
- Google Assistant is activated by doing a long hold on the home button or home icon of your phone. Hold the button, and Google Assistant will ask you to speak what you want. Then it will begin the search process. You should also be able to trigger Google Assistant to launch by saying “OK Google” followed by your query.
- There is no dedicated reset button on the device, and its action overflow button doesn't include a Factory Reset option. Instead, to reset the Google Home to its factory settings, press and hold the Microphone On/Off button on the rear of the speaker for approximately 15 seconds.
Updated: 18th November 2019