- Soften the wax. Use an eyedropper to apply a few drops of baby oil, mineral oil, glycerin or hydrogen peroxide in your ear canal.
- Use warm water. After a day or two, when the wax is softened, use a rubber-bulb syringe to gently squirt warm water into your ear canal.
- Dry your ear canal.
Keeping this in view, can I get my ears cleaned at urgent care?
How do you get your ears cleaned?
- Ask your doctor to remove the wax in their office.
- Clean the outside of your ear with a damp cloth.
- If you choose to use cotton swabs, don't insert them into the ear canal.
- You can use earwax softener to soften earwax for easier removal.
- You can use a syringe to irrigate your ears.
Can a doctor remove ear wax?