How do I change the vertical axis value in Excel?
- In a chart, click the value axis that you want to change, or do the following to select the axis from a list of chart elements:
- On the Format tab, in the Current Selection group, click Format Selection.
- In the Format Axis dialog box, click Axis Options, and then do one or more of the following:
Click on the "Layout" tab at the top of the Excel window, then click the drop-down arrow on the left side of the ribbon and choose "Horizontal (Category) Axis" from the list of options. Click the "Format Selection" button next to the drop-down arrow to continue. The Format Axis window appears.
- Scale a worksheet
- Click the Page Layout tab on the ribbon.
- In the Scale to Fit group, in the Width box, select 1 page, and in the Height box, select Automatic. Columns will now appear on one page, but the rows may extend to more than one page.
- To print your worksheet, press CTRL+P to open the Print dialog box, and then click OK.
- 4 Answers
- Click somewhere on the chart to select it.
- You should now see 3 new tabs appear at the top of the screen called "Design", "Layout" and "Format".
- Click on the "Design" tab.
- There will be a button called "Switch Row/Column" within the "data" group, click it.
- To insert a chart:
- Select the cells you want to chart, including the column titles and row labels. These cells will be the source data for the chart.
- From the Insert tab, click the desired Chart command.
- Choose the desired chart type from the drop-down menu.
- The selected chart will be inserted in the worksheet.
Add axis titles manually
- Click anywhere in the chart to which you want to add axis titles.
- On the Layout tab, in the Labels group, click Axis Titles.
- Do any of the following:
- In the Axis Title text box that appears in the chart, type the text that you want.
- To format the text in the title box, do the following:
- To change the format of numbers on the value axis:
- Right-click the value axis labels you want to format.
- Click Format Axis.
- In the Format Axis pane, click Number.
- Choose the number format options you want.
- To keep numbers linked to the worksheet cells, check the Linked to source box.
- Add data labels to a chart
- Click the data series or chart.
- In the upper right corner, next to the chart, click Add Chart Element > Data Labels.
- To change the location, click the arrow, and choose an option.
- If you want to show your data label inside a text bubble shape, click Data Callout.
- Display chart gridlines
- Click anywhere on the chart to which you want to add chart gridlines.
- On the Layout tab, in the Axes group, click Gridlines.
- Do one or more of the following: For horizontal gridlines, click Primary Horizontal Gridlines, and then click the option that you want.
Updated: 28th November 2019