How do I change my search engine from Yahoo to Google on Safari?
Open Safari if you're not there yet, and then pull down the “Safari” menu and choose “Preferences” Go to the “Search” tab* and select the search engine you wish to use from the “Search engine” pull down menu: Google. Yahoo.
Make Google your default search engine
- Step 1: Open Preferences. Click on Safari in the top Apple menu, and then select Preferences.
- Step 2: Change your default search engine to Google. Next to Default search engine, click on the drop down menu and select Google.
- Step 3: Change your homepage to Google.
- Internet Explorer 9
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the top right corner of the browser, click the Tools icon.
- Click Internet options.
- In the General tab, find the "Search" section and click Settings.
- Select Google.
- Click Set as default.
- Click Close.
- To be able to use a different search engine than the default, you'll need to manually make a change. Here's how you do this for the three main browsers in OS X. Safari: Choose Safari > Preferences, and then click Search. Click the Search Engine menu and make your choice.
- If you want to change your default search engine from Google to Yahoo! or Bing, here's what to do:
- From the home screen, tap on the Settings app.
- Tap on Safari.
- Tap on Search Engine.
- Select the new Search Engine.
Updated: 2nd October 2019