How do I cancel an order on Amazon?
If your order hasn't shipped:
- Go to Your Orders.
- Click Cancel Items.
- If you plan to cancel multiple items, select the check box next to each item you wish to remove from the order. If you wish to cancel the entire order, select all of the items.
- Click Cancel checked items when finished.
In some cases, you may be offered an "Instant refund" option to allow you to use your refund without waiting for your return to process. Instant Refunds are either issued to your credit card or as an Amazon.com Gift Card balance. You'll still need to return your items within 30 days.
- Combining a minimum of 2 days of shipping with the processing times for Amazon and your financial institution, here's how long it could take you to get a refund from the time your return enters the mail system to the time the money appears back in your account: Instant refund: Gift card: 2–14 days.
- Here's how to do that:
- Go to your Amazon orders page.
- Each order will be in a box.
- Click the Return items button on the right side.
- Click the checkmark next to each product you want to return.
- On the right-side of the products you want to return, select a reason for return from the drop-down menu.
- To issue a refund from the Manage Transactions page in Seller Central:
- Sign in to your account in Seller Central.
- Click Orders, and then click Manage Transactions.
- On the Manage Transactions page, locate the transaction for which you want to issue a refund.
Assuming you're a fully paid member, click on the link to End Membership. "Paid members who haven't used their benefits are eligible for a full refund," according to Amazon. "You can't receive a refund if any of the household members have placed an Amazon Prime eligible order."
- Step 1: Go to the "Prime Central" or "Manage Prime Membership" page. Kate Taylor.
- Step 2: Click on "End Membership and Benefits" Kate Taylor.
- Step 3: Keep saying you want to cancel through the three-step process. Kate Taylor.
- Step 4: Click "End Now" if you want some money back. Kate Taylor.
- Step 5: It's over. Kate Taylor.
- You can perform either of those tasks under the Your Account link, which you'll find in the upper right-hand corner of any Amazon page. To actually delete an account altogether, make sure you have no orders outstanding. Go into Amazon Help & Customer Service, and click on the Contact Us link on the right.
- Cancel Prime Student. You can cancel your Prime Student membership, including the Amazon Prime benefits associated with your membership, by going to Your Account > Manage Your Prime Membership. To cancel your Prime Student membership: Go to Prime Central.
Instant Refunds are either issued to your credit card or as an Amazon.com Gift Card balance. Refunds issued to card issuers will require an additional 3-5 business days processing time by those institutions. You'll still need to return your items within 30 days.
- Cancel Items or Orders. You can cancel items or orders that haven't entered the shipping process yet by visiting the Order section in Your Account. To cancel an item or an entire order: Go to Your Orders.
- To cancel an accidental Amazon Video order:
- Go to Your Digital Orders.
- Find the accidental order you'd like to cancel.
- Select Cancel Items.
- Choose a reason for the cancellation from the drop-down menu, and then click Cancel This Purchase.
- The IRS states that nine out of 10 e-filed tax returns with direct deposit will be processed within 21 days of IRS e-file acceptance. Mailed paper returns – Refund processing time is 6 to 8 weeks from the date the IRS receives your tax return.
Updated: 23rd October 2018