How do I block a specific website?
Type 127.0.0.1, tap the spacebar once, and then type the address of a website you want to block. For example, to block all traffic from YouTube, type 127.0.0.1 www.youtube.com on this line. 5. Continue to add the websites you wish to block, each prefaced with 127.0.0.1 and a space.
Method 1 Enabling Parental Controls
- Open System Preferences. Click the apple icon in the top menu and select System Preferences.
- Select Parental Controls.
- Select the child's account.
- Open the Web tab.
- Browse through the options to block websites.
- Consider additional restrictions.
- Unblock websites.
- Block Specific Web Sites in Safari for iOS with a “Never Allow” List. The optional iOS Restrictions settings provides a way to limit access to adult themed websites from Safari on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but for some purposes those default restrictions may not go far enough.
- Option 1
- Windows users select “Safari” > “Preferences“.
- Click on “Security” at the top of the window.
- Check the box “Block pop-up windows” to enable this feature. Uncheck it to disable it.
- Enable Chrome's Pop-Up Blocking Feature. 1. Click on the Chrome menu icon in the upper-right corner of the browser, and then click on Settings.
Read on to find out how you can block specific websites from showing up in Safari (on your iPhone and iPad). If you have enabled restrictions already, enter the code. If not, you will have to tap on Enable Restrictions – then enter a random password twice to enable restrictions. Under NEVER ALLOW, tap on Add a website…
- How to block ads on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Download your Content Blocker of choice from the App Store. (We like Crystal.)
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Safari > Content Blockers.
- Enable the blockers of your choice.
- Turn Parental Controls on or off
- Go to Settings > General > Restrictions.
- Tap Enable Restrictions.
- Create a Restrictions passcode. You need your Restrictions passcode to change the settings or to turn off Restrictions.
- How to Restrict YouTube Access on Your iPad
- Tap Settings→General→Restrictions→Enable Restrictions.
- When prompted, establish or enter a previously established passcode — twice.
- Tap YouTube so that the button reads Off.
Access the Chrome menu by clicking the Customize and control Google Chrome button at the top right corner of the Chrome program window. On the Block Site Options page, enter the website you want to block in the text box next to the Add page button. Click the Add page button to block the website.
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon (three horizontal bars in the upper right corner).
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings at the bottom.
- Under Privacy, click the Content Settings button.
- Cookies: check Allow local data to be set.
- For Chromebooks
- Make sure you're signed in as the owner of the Chromebook and open the settings.
- Look in the People section to Manage other users and you can make sure supervised users is enabled.
- Log out and on the start page, click More instead of signing in, and you'll see Add supervised user.
- Sign in to your Chromebook.
- Click your account photo.
- Click Settings .
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- In the "Powerwash" section, click Powerwash.
- In the box that appears, click Restart and sign in with your Google Account.
- Follow the steps that appear.
- Once you've reset your Chromebook:
Updated: 20th September 2018