How do I attach a Zip folder to an email?
Step 1: Find out the folder which you will attach in an email message in your computer. Step 2: Right click the folder, and then click the Send to > Compress (zipped) folder in the right-clicking menu. Step 3: Give the new compressed .zip file a new name.
Locate the file or folder that you want to zip. Press and hold (or right-click) the file or folder, select (or point to) Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder. A new zipped folder with the same name is created in the same location.
- Step 1. Basics of Attaching Files in Gmail
- To create a new message, click the Compose button in Gmail.
- To open the File Upload window, click the Attach Files icon.
- The Gmail attachment appears as a link in your message.
- Find the files to be zipped in File Explorer.
- The files are zipped into a single, compressed file.
- Zip files make it easy to keep related files together and make transporting, e-mailing, downloading and storing data and software faster and more efficient. The Zip format is the most popular compression format used in the Windows environment, and WinZip is the most popular compression utility.
- To send attachments:
- Go to the compose an email section by tapping the Compose button.
- Enter the recipient's email address and the subject of your message.
- Tap the attachment icon, and select a file or take a photo.
- Repeat this process until you have finished adding all of the attachments you wish.
Zip Files Using the Send To Menu
- Select the file(s) and/or folder(s) you want to compress.
- Right-click on the file or folder (or group of files or folders), then point to Send to and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- Name the ZIP file.
- ZIP is an archive file format that supports lossless data compression. A ZIP file may contain one or more files or directories that may have been compressed. The ZIP file format permits a number of compression algorithms, though DEFLATE is the most common.
- Locate your compressed folder or zip file in Windows Explorer or My Computer, then open the folder by double clicking on it. From the File menu, choose Add a password… (Encrypt in Windows Me), and key in your password twice then click on OK.
- How to compress attachments while composing messages
- Open the dialog box you normally use to attach files.
- Locate the file you wish to attach.
- Right click the file and choose Add to filename.zip from the WinZip context menu.
- Click the new Zip file to select it.
- Click Open or Insert to attach the Zip file.
Extract/Unzip Zipped Files
- Right-click the zipped folder saved to your computer.
- Choose "Extract All" (an extraction wizard will begin).
- Click [Next >].
- Click [Browse] and navigate to where you would like to save the files.
- Click [Next >].
- Click [Finish].
- When you empty the Recycle Bin, files and folders in it are permanently deleted. 10. You compress files so that they take up less disk space. No, a file is not deleted from a compressed folder when you extract it.
- In order to work with zipped files, they must be unzipped or extracted first. Windows has a built in program called Windows Compressed Folders which can do this for you. If you have installed a zip program, such as WinZip* or 7-Zip*, Windows Compressed Folders may not be easily available on your computer.
- You can use this to create zip files of files, folders, or both:
- Locate the items to zip in the Mac Finder (file system)
- Right-click on a file, folder, or files you want to zip.
- Select “Compress Items”
- Find the newly created .zip archive in the same directory.
Updated: 28th October 2019