Here's how it's done:
- Launch the phone application and click on favorites in the lower left corner.
- Tap the + button in the top right.
- Find the contact you wish to add as a favorite and tap on their name.
- Select the information you wish to favorite (phone number, email, FaceTime, etc)
- That's it!
How do I add a contact to my Samsung?
Samsung Galaxy S4™
- Touch Apps.
- Scroll to and touch Contacts.
- Touch the + icon.
- If you see this screen, select the account to save to (e.g., Device).
- Enter the contact's name.
- Touch Phone number.
- Enter the contact's phone number. You can also add email addresses, additional phone numbers and other details.
- Touch SAVE.
To create a folder:
- Click the Favorites button, then select the Add to favorites drop-down menu.
- Select Organize favorites.
- The Organize Favorites dialog box will appear. Select the New Folder button at the bottom-left.
- A new folder will appear.
- The new folder will now appear in the Favorites menu.
To check all your bookmark folders:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More Bookmarks. If your address bar is at the bottom, swipe up on the address bar. Tap Star .
- If you're in a folder, at the top left, tap Back .
- Open each folder and look for your bookmark.
If you want to make sure your loved ones can still call and text you when Do Not Disturb is on, you can allow calls from everyone, nobody, your contacts, or favorites, which is the speed dial menu in your phone app. You will still receive texts but you will not get notifications if Do Not Disturb is turned on.
To delete a contact from the Favorites screen in your Phone app:
- Tap the Phone app on the iPhone's home screen to launch it.
- Tap the Favorites icon at the bottom left.
- Tap the Edit button in the top left.
- A red circle icon with a minus sign in it appears next to each favorite in the list.
If you want to remove items from this list, or add existing bookmarks to the favorites page in Safari, you can do that too:
- Tap the bookmark icon then tap on “Edit”
- Tap on Location, then choose “Favorites” to move the bookmark to the primary favorites page.
To add a site to the Favorites Bar you first go to the site you want to add. Then tap on the Share button just to the left of the address bar and tap on the Bookmark button in the popup. Next you'll see the Add Bookmark dialog.
To add a favorite:
- With the desired website open in your browser, select the Favorites button, then click Add to favorites. You can also press Ctrl+D on your keyboard.
- A dialog box will appear.
- Click Add to save the website as a favorite.
You can also add or edit favorites by doing the following:
- Click on the Sidebar icon in the upper left corner of Safari.
- Select the bookmarks icon.
- Open the Favorites section by clicking on the arrow.
- Click Edit.
Tap "Edit" to display the three-line icons next to each name. Press and hold the icon next to the contact you want, and then drag it up or down to reposition it in alphabetical order. Continue to repeat this process for each contact until all of your favorites are reordered properly.
The Do Not Disturb option on the iPhone stops notifications, alerts and calls from making any noise, vibration or lighting up the phone screen when the screen is locked. You can turn on Do Not Disturb in your iPhone's "Settings" section.
Go to your Favorites (tap Phone, then tap the Favorites tab at the bottom of the screen), then tap the Edit button in the upper-left corner. Now, see the row of three-line “handles” to the right of all your favorites? Tap and hold one of them, then slide it up or down until it's in the order you want.
Launch Safari from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad. Tap on the Bookmarks button in the bottom navigation menu (looks like a book). Tap on the Reading List button in the top navigation that looks like reading glasses (Safari may open up to this list by default, so you may just skip step 3).
- Open up Apple Safari in your usual manner.
- Navigate to the web site you want to add to your Bookmarks Bar (e.g. hamilton.edu)
- Click on the Bookmarks menu and choose Add Bookmark
To change whether a contact is a favorite or not, go to your contact list, click on the contact name, then toggle the "star" in the top right corner of the contact screen. Removing it from "favourites" or "starred in android" didn't work for me. I don't have any star either on my HTC Wildfire.
Follow these steps for the iPhone 4.
- From the Home screen, tap the Safari icon then navigate to the desired web page.
- Tap the More icon (at the bottom).
- Tap Add Bookmark.
- Enter the information then tap Save (upper-right). By default, the label and address of the website currently visited appears.
How to customize Do Not Disturb settings on iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Do Not Disturb.
- Tap on Allow Calls From.
- From here, you can select from the following options:
Here's how it works:
- Open up Safari and load a web site.
- At the bottom of the screen you'll see an icon depicting an arrow that looks like it's trying to get away from a square.
- If you managed to tap that button successfully, you'll have a few options.
- You'll be asked to choose a name for the homescreen icon.
Here's how to add a contact to your favorites:
- Launch the Phone app on your Samsung Galaxy 5 and find the contact you'd like to set as a favorite.
- Open their contact card and tap the Star icon at the top of the card. This adds them to the Favorites tab.
- Now simply open the Favorites tab and you should see them added.
Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. With Do Not Disturb, you can silence calls, alerts, and notifications that you get while your device is locked. You can also schedule Do Not Disturb and allow calls from certain people.
How to Remove Favourites from Safari in iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad
- Step #1. Launch Safari on your iDevice.
- Step #2. Tap on Bookmarks icon from bottom.
- Step #3. Again tap on Bookmarks icon if it is not selected.
- Step #4. Tap on Edit at the bottom right corner.
- Step #5. Tap on the (-) sign red button.
- Step #6. Tap on Delete.
- Step #7. Tap on Done bottom right.