- In Acrobat, open a PDF file.
- Choose Document > Reduce File Size.
- Select Acrobat 8.0 And Later for file compatibility, and click OK.
- Name the modified file.
- Minimize the Acrobat window.
In this way, how do you make a PDF file smaller on a Mac?
- Preset Resize. Open your “Applications” folder on your Mac. You can access the Applications folder through LaunchPad and your Finder.
- Custom Resize Settings. Click “File” in the top menu bar, then click “New Window” in ColorSync Utility.
- Preview. Open Preview, click "File" and "Open," then locate your PDF. Click "Open."
How do I compress a PDF file on a Mac?
- Open PDF with Preview on your Mac. Then click on the "File" menu and click "Open" to upload your PDF file.
- Once the PDF file is on Preview, click on "File" and select "Export".
- On this window, scroll down and click on "Quartz Filter" and select "Reduce Size file".