- Buy legitimate software, and register it.
- Make sure your software is up to date.
- Don't click on links or open attachments from email addresses you don't know.
- Instantly leave websites you've been routed to without your consent.
- Have a pop-up blocker running on your web browser.
Besides, what software can you use to avoid getting viruses?
- Take care with Java, Adobe Flash and Acrobat Reader. As we have seen in practically all the PandaLabs reports, these programs are a key target for cyber-criminals.
- Take care which programs you install.
- Keep your Windows operating system up-to-date.
- Use a good antivirus.
Also to know, what is a computer virus and how can it be prevented?
How can you prevent malware?
- Keep your software up to date.
- Don't click on links within emails.
- Use free antivirus software.
- Back up your computer.
- Use a strong password.
- Use a firewall.
- Minimize downloads.
- Use a pop-up blocker.
How get rid of a virus fast?
- Take it easy. When you're sick, your body works hard to fight off that infection.
- Go to bed. Curling up on the couch helps, but don't stay up late watching TV.
- Drink up.
- Gargle with salt water.
- Sip a hot beverage.
- Have a spoonful of honey.