In that spirit, HowStuffWorks came up with 10 things you can do to help save the Earth.
- Pay attention to how you use water.
- Leave your car at home.
- Walk or ride your bike to work, school and anywhere you can.
- Recycle.You can help reduce pollution just by putting that soda can in a different bin.
Considering this, how can protect environment?
Seven ways to protect the environment
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs: It is true that these bulbs are more expensive, but they last much longer and they can save energy and in the long run your electricity bill would be reduced.
- Turn off your devices:
- Walk or cycle:
- leaky faucets:
How do we protect the earth?
Ten simple choices for a healthier planet.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away.
- Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community.
- Conserve water.
- Choose sustainable.
- Shop wisely.
- Use long-lasting light bulbs.
- Plant a tree.
Using water-saving techniques can save you money and diverts less water from our rivers, bays, and estuaries, which helps keep the environment healthy. It can also reduce water and wastewater treatment costs and the amount of energy used to treat, pump, and heat water.
Earth Day 2016 — 10 Simple Steps to Improve the Environment
- Eliminate the use of paper plates and plastic utensils.
- Use a refillable water bottle — and fill it with tap water!
- Choose reusable over disposable.
- Repair leaky faucets and toilets.
- Collect rainwater for use in gardens.
- Buy only fair-trade, sustainable coffee.
- Green up your lawn.
- Start a compost pile.
Below are some super easy ways to get started.
- Bring your own shopping bag.
- Stop buying bottled water.
- Bring your own thermos to the coffee shop.
- Choose cardboard over plastic bottles and bags.
- Say no to straws.
- Get the plastic off your face.
- Skip the disposable razor.
- Switch from disposable diapers to cloth.
Recycling helps protect the environment. Recycling reduces the need for extracting (mining, quarrying and logging), refining and processing raw materials. All of these create substantial air and water pollution. As recycling saves energy it also reduces greenhouse gas emissions, which helps to tackle climate change.
These steps, as well as many others, are things we all can do to help reduce air pollution.
- Conserve energy – remember to turn off lights, computers, and electric appliances when not in use.
- Use energy efficient light bulbs and appliances.
- Participate in your local utility's energy conservation programs.
Recycling is very important as waste has a huge negative impact on the natural environment. Harmful chemicals and greenhouse gasses are released from rubbish in landfill sites. Recycling helps to reduce the pollution caused by waste. Habitat destruction and global warming are some the affects caused by deforestation.
Here are seven ways to save the planet—and a few greenbacks along the way:
- Reduce your toilet's water capacity. One of the easiest ways to save water is to reduce your toilet's daily use.
- Switch Showerheads.
- Cut Cooking Carbon.
- Energy-Saving Outlet.
- Energy Audit.
- Don't Have Children.
Why Is It Important to Care About the Environment? The ecosystem (all the communities of living organisms found in a specific place, their habitats and their interactions) in which we live provides natural services for humans and all other species that are essential to our health, quality of life and survival.
50 Ways to Help the Planet - Save Our Environment and Planet Earth
- Use Energy Efficient Lightbulbs.
- Turn Your Computer Off Overnight.
- Don't Pre-Rinse the Dishes.
- Don't Pre-Heat Your Oven.
- Always Recycle Glass.
- Choose Your Diapers Wisely.
- Use A Clothesline.
- Have A Vegetarian Day.
Human impact on the ecosystem is something done by humans and gives the affect at the ecosystem like chopping down forests,and cars burning off greenhouse gases.Humans can effect the ecosystem in a negative way ,by pollution, waste dumping, over hunting of animals,over fishing,industrial gases,energy use and not using
Helps soils hold or sequester carbon dioxide. In addition to emission reductions, compost replenishes and revitalizes exhausted farm soils by replacing trace minerals and organic material, reduces soil erosion and helps prevent storm water runoff. Recycling is an effective way to reduce greenhouse gases.
The environmental impact of roads includes the local effects of highways (public roads) such as on noise, light pollution, water pollution, habitat destruction/disturbance and local air quality; and the wider effects including climate change from vehicle emissions.
10 Things You Can Do to Save the Ocean
- Mind Your Carbon Footprint and Reduce Energy Consumption.
- 2. Make Safe, Sustainable Seafood Choices.
- Use Fewer Plastic Products.
- Help Take Care of the Beach.
- Don't Purchase Items That Exploit Marine Life.
- Be an Ocean-Friendly Pet Owner.
- Support Organizations Working to Protect the Ocean.
- Influence Change in Your Community.
Recycling saves expenses and resources. Finally, recycling can help save on our expenses and resources. It helps reduce the amount of materials that are wasted or thrown in landfills such as paper, plastic, glass, and aluminium.
10 Ways to Go Green and Save Green
- Save energy to save money. Purchase State of the World 2010:
- Save water to save money. Take shorter showers to reduce water use.
- Less gas = more money (and better health!). Purchase State of the World 2009:
- Eat smart.
- Skip the bottled water.
- Think before you buy.
- Borrow instead of buying.
- Buy smart.
Everything humans have needed to survive, and thrive, was provided by the natural world around us: food, water, medicine, materials for shelter, and even natural cycles such as climate and nutrients. Earth Day seems as good a day as any to remind ourselves what nature gives us free-of-charge.
We know that the natural environment provides us with a wide range of 'ecosystem services': all the things that people need and want that come from the natural world of which human beings are a part. We receive provisioning services (food, fibre, energy, drinking water, building materials, natural medicine).
“I declare this world is so beautiful that I can hardly believe it exists.” The beauty of nature can have a profound effect upon our senses, those gateways from the outer world to the inner, whether it results in disbelief in its very existence as Emerson notes, or feelings such as awe, wonder, or amazement.
Natural : existing in nature and not made or caused by people, without chemical substance, antonym of artificial. Beauty : the quality of being physically attractive, give pleasure to the senses of mind. The beauty that you are born with. You receive it from both of your parents.
The beauty of nature. Licensed from iStockPhoto. noun. Nature is defined as the natural Earth and the things on it, or the essence of a person or thing. The trees, forests, birds and animals are all an example of nature.