- Adjust your posture. You may need to change how you're sitting or standing to relieve pain from a pinched nerve.
- Use a standing workstation. Standing workstations are gaining popularity, and for good reason.
- Apply heat.
- Use ice.
- Elevate your legs.
Also, how do you know if you pinched a nerve?
- Numbness or decreased sensation in the area supplied by the nerve.
- Sharp, aching or burning pain, which may radiate outward.
- Tingling, pins and needles sensations (paresthesia)
- Muscle weakness in the affected area.
- Frequent feeling that a foot or hand has "fallen asleep"
Do pinched nerves go away on their own?
What is the treatment for a pinched nerve?