How can I make a YouTube channel private?
Convert a public channel
- From your desktop, open the channel you'd like to make private. (Make sure you're a member of the channel!)
- Click the gear icon in the top right.
- Select Additional options from the Channel Settings menu.
- Choose Convert this channel to a private channel.
- Click Ok to confirm.
Follow these quick steps to completely remove a YouTube account and all of its related information:
- Step 1: Log in to your YouTube account.
- Step 2: Click on your username in the top right corner to open a new menu and choose Settings.
- Step 3: On the new page, click on Manage Account in the menu on the left-hand side.
- If you want to logout of YouTube from not just from your computer, but also from any mobile or tablet device you're using - all at once, click on the top right profile icon. Next to your picture, you'll see a little link called 'Advanced' - click that. Find a link called 'Sign out of all YouTube sessions' - click it.
- Change your channel name
- Sign in to your channel on YouTube.
- Click your account icon > settings .
- In the "Overview" section, click Edit on Google next to your channel name.
- Update the channel name and click OK.
- To cancel a Gmail account and delete the associated Gmail address:
- Go to Google Account Settings.
- Select Delete your account or services under Account preferences.
- Click Delete Products.
- Select the Gmail account you want to delete.
- Type the password to the account over Enter your password.
- Click Next.
- Set up a custom URL for your channel
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to your advanced account settings by clicking your icon in the top right > Settings or .
- Under "Channel settings," select the link next to You're eligible for a custom URL.
- In the "Get a custom URL" box, you'll see the custom URL(s) you've been approved for.
- Find your channel's user ID & channel ID
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- In the top right, click your account icon > settings .
- Next to your profile photo, click Advanced.
- You'll see your channel's user and channel IDs under "Account information."
- Here's how to change the privacy settings on your YouTube account:
- Click the down arrow next to your account name (upper right) and then click the YouTube Settings link below the YouTube heading.
- On the Account Settings page that appears, select Privacy in the left sidebar.
- After you finish your selections, click Save.
Click on the dropdown, and select "Block User". That's how to delete subscribers on the old YouTube layout. If you want to delete a subscriber on the new YouTube channel layout, click on "About" on their channel. That will not only delete them from your YouTube subscriber list, but it'll also block them.
- ?View your list of public subscribers
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to your Subscribers List by clicking Creator Studio > Community > Subscribers.
- You can see your total number of subscribers at the top of the page.
- You can sort the list by Most recent or Most popular using the drop-down menu in the top right.
- Click the down-arrow button beside “Subscribed” at the top of the channel page. Click the red “Unsubscribe” link in the bottom right corner of the gray options pane. YouTube removes the subscription.
- Click the "Edit" button, and then choose "Private" or "Unlisted" from the "Privacy Settings" drop-down menu. If your YouTube account is linked to Google Plus and you set your video to private, you see a field into which you can enter the email addresses or profile names of people with whom you want to share your video.
Updated: 2nd October 2019