- Make sure that baby is nursing efficiently.
- Nurse frequently, and for as long as your baby is actively nursing.
- Take a nursing vacation.
- Offer both sides at each feeding.
- Switch nurse.
- Avoid pacifiers and bottles when possible.
- Give baby only breastmilk.
Consequently, what foods to avoid while breastfeeding?
- spices (cinnamon, garlic, curry, chili pepper)
- citrus fruits and their juices, like oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit.
- the "gassy" veggies (onion, cabbage, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli, cucumbers, and peppers)
- fruits with a laxative effect, such as cherries and prunes.
Can garlic cause gas in breastfed babies?
What foods upset a nursing baby's stomach?