- Make sure the printer is close to your computer.
- Plug the printer's USB cable into your computer.
- Turn on the printer.
- Open Start.
- Type printers & scanners into Start.
- Click Printers & scanners.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- Click your printer's name.
In this manner, how do I get my computer to recognize my printer?
- Click the Start button, and then, on the Start menu, click Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer.
- In the Add Printer wizard, click Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer.
- In the list of available printers, select the one you want to use, and then click Next.
How do I connect my wireless printer to my laptop Windows 10?
- Open Cortana by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in "printer."
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner.
- Choose The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Select Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer.
- Choose the connected printer.
Can you hook up a printer to a laptop?