How can I connect my iPhone to my car stereo?
If you can't pair or connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your car stereo. You can connect your iOS device with a compatible car stereo using Bluetooth, a USB cable, or CarPlay. If you can't pair or connect your iOS device with your car stereo, or you don't hear audio playback, learn what to do.
- Check your car stereo's user manual for how to pair with a Bluetooth device.
- On your iOS device, swipe up to open Control Center, then tap twice to turn Bluetooth off and back on.
- Restart your iOS device.
- On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo.
- Update your iOS device.
- The car convertor kit device includes an AUX port and USB port, allowing you to plug it into your car's power socket and then plug your iPhone 7 into the USB port to charge using the Lightning cable the phone came with. Then you can use the included AUX cord to connect your car stereo system to the car convertor kit.
- Controlled through a dash-mounted, centrally located screen, NissanConnect® is available with hands-free calling and texting, streaming audio, navigation, a collection of popular smartphone apps, and lots more.
- You can now go out and buy a car that has support for CarPlay or Android Auto, plug in your phone, and drive away. Fortunately, third-party car stereo makers, such as Pioneer and Kenwood, have released units that are compatible with both systems, and you can install them in your existing car right now.
Plug one end of the cable into the headphone jack of your iPod or MP3 player. Plug the other end of the cable into your car stereo's auxiliary input jack. Press the "AUX" button on your car stereo to cycle to the auxiliary cable setting. This button may also be labeled “CD” or “Source” on some stereos.
- The easiest way to connect the audio output of your computer is to use the "line" output of your sound card. We recommend a stereo 3.5mm mini phone plug to dual RCA cable or mini plug to dual RCA jack adapter with a RCA jack stereo cable to go to the audio input of your sound system, such as the "aux" input.
- Go down to "Bluetooth and turn it on. The iPhone then becomes discoverable for a period of time. The iPhone should see the Hands Free system of the car and then display a 4 digit form (and keyboard) to enter the pairing passkey given by the car. Enter the four digits and touch "connect".
- The iPhone 7 has no headphone jack, so these are your options. Apple cut the cord on the venerable headphone jack on Wednesday— but there are plenty of options coming to replace it. After months of rumors, Apple officially eliminated the 3.5mm headphone jack on the iPhone 7.
Updated: 12th November 2019