Cleaning the lens
- Step 1: Use a small blower brush to remove dust and debris from the lens.
- Step 2: Put one or two drops of a lens cleaning solution onto a lens tissue and wipe the lens in a circular motion starting from the center and moving out.
- Step 1: Wipe away dust and smudges with a dry microfiber cloth.
In this way, can I clean the mirror on my DSLR?
The rear viewfinder is pretty sturdy so using your cottonbud or cloth to wipe clean is fine. Next remove your lens to reveal the internal mirror. You can see in the image below there are tiny white dots visible on the DSLR mirror - they are specks of dust.
How do you clean a camera sensor?
How to wet clean your sensor
- Remove the lens and place the camera on a surface with the LCD facing the floor.
- Select the manual cleaning option to lock up the mirror.
- Remove a sensor swab and using the air blower a few times, blow air to remove any odd pieces of lint that may be stuck to the swab.
How do you clean a camera lens?
Here is a simple, three-step process for effective lens and filter cleaning:
- Remove as much dust and dirt as possible from the lens with a blower or soft-bristled brush.
- Apply a few drops of lens cleaning solution to a lens tissue or cleaning cloth.