How can I change the orientation of a video on iPhone?
How to fix vertical videos on iOS using iMovie
- Step 1: Open iMovie.
- Step 2: Tap the Videos tab and select the clip that you wish to fix.
- Step 3: Tap the Share button and tap Create Movie → Create New Movie.
- Step 4: Perform a rotate gesture on the viewer to rotate the video to the correct orientation.
Tap on the button in the upper left hand corner. Choose the video you'd like to rotate. Tap on the Rotate button in the bottom left hand corner. Keep tapping it until the video is in the desired orientation.
- Press the "Start" button and choose Windows Movie Maker from all the program. Open the program and click "Add videos and photos" under "Home" toolbar to add the troublesome video to the program. Click the rotate buttons to rotate the video to left or right in 90 degrees.
- Do one of the following:
- Tap a clip in the timeline to reveal the inspector at the bottom of the screen, tap the Actions button , then tap Split.
- Tap the clip (it becomes outlined in yellow), then swipe down over the playhead to split the clip, as if you were using your finger to slice through it.
- Learn more
- If you have an iPhone Plus, and want the Home screen to rotate, go to Settings > Display & Brightness and set Display Zoom to Standard.
- If you have an iPad with a Side Switch, you can set the Side Switch to work as a rotation lock or mute switch. Go to Settings > General.
Method 1 Rotating on Windows
- Download and install Windows Movie Maker.
- Open Windows Movie Maker.
- Click Add videos and photos.
- Select your video.
- Click Open.
- Rotate the video.
- Click File.
- Select Save movie.
- Use right-button of the mouse to open context menu and choose Video (Basic) → Screen Rotation (CCW) → 90 degrees Rotation: This option allows you to rotate your video by 90 degrees clockwise. Also, you can flip and rotate the image by 90 degrees, use 270 degrees Rotation or 90 degrees Rotation with Mirroring.
- Begin by downloading and installing VLC.
- Step 1: Open VLC and open the menu labeled View. In this menu, select Advanced Controls.
- Step 2: Open the video you wish to take a cut from.
- Step 3: Press the Record button on the left end of the Advanced Controls.
- Installing in Mac OS X
- Download VLC installation file from the location mentioned above (VideoLAN website).
- Locate the downloaded file which will be named something like vlc-2.1.0.dmg.
- Open the file.
- Click and drag the VLC icon to the applications folder.
- VLC will be copied to your applications folder.
Updated: 3rd December 2019