How advertising can help your business?
increase sales by telling potential customers about your product or service. make your business first choice for customers, ahead of your competitors. generate awareness of your business. develop a particular market niche or position.
The marketing and creative department work together to formulate ads that appeal to an audience's curiosity. A good ad will increase sales and brand awareness. Understanding the ways in which advertising affects consumer behavior will allow you to create stronger, more memorable ads.
- Companies with retail outlets use advertising to make consumers aware of product availability and increase sales through the outlets.
- Brand Preference.
- Direct Sales.
- Retail Development.
- Lead Generation.
- The purpose of advertising is to inform the consumers about their product and convince customers that a company's services or products are the best, enhance the image of the company, point out and create a need for products or services, demonstrate new uses for established products, announce new products and programs,
- Advertising contributes to wider economic growth through its ability to support competitiveness. It provides consumers with information on products and services, and helps to increase their choice of goods and services.
The primary function of advertising is to persuade people to buy something. Consequently, understanding how advertising influences people is an exercise in understanding how persuasion techniques are used in advertising to trigger buying decisions.
- Advertising Agencies Have Clients. The usual way an agency gets work is through a pitch. A pitch is an audition, with the client giving a brief to a number of advertising agencies, and choosing the one that best resolves the brief. Depending on the type of agency and client, the scope of works (SOW) will vary greatly.
- “Affective Conditioning” is described as the transfer of our feelings from one set of items to another. It is commonly used in advertising and is the belief that if you advertise your product with things the public associates with positively, it will sell better.
- But what about television commercials? Though the average child sees more than 40,000 commercials a year, research looking at the impact television advertising has on children has been limited up to now.
Importance of Consumer Behaviour to Marketers. It is important for marketers to study consumer behaviour. It is important for them to know consumers as individual or groups opt for, purchase, consumer or dispose products and services and how they share their experience to satisfy their wants or needs (Solomon, 2009).
- 5 Common Factors Influencing Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Campaigns. Advertisement plays a greater role in influencing the purchasing decisions made by consumers.
- Economic Conditions. Consumer spending decisions are known to be greatly influenced by the economic situation prevailing in the market.
- Personal Preferences.
- Group Influence.
- Purchasing Power.
- Consumer behaviour is the study of how individual customers, groups or organizations select, buy, use, and dispose ideas, goods, and services to satisfy their needs and wants. It refers to the actions of the consumers in the marketplace and the underlying motives for those actions.
- Consumer Buying Behavior Defined. Consumer buying behavior is the sum total of a consumer's attitudes, preferences, intentions, and decisions regarding the consumer's behavior in the marketplace when purchasing a product or service.
Updated: 2nd October 2019