Using Google Test to Unit Test C Code. While the Google Test framework is designed for C++ it can be used to create a framework for C unit testing. Reference the Google Test documentation for more details on the capabilities of Google Test.
Also asked, how does Google test work?
Google Test assertions are macros that resemble function calls. You test a class or function by making assertions about its behavior. When an assertion fails, Google Test prints the assertion's source file and line number location, along with a failure message.
One may also ask, how do I use Google to test C++ in Visual Studio?
Add a Google Test project in Visual Studio 2017
- In Solution Explorer, right-click on the solution node and choose Add > New Project.
- In the left pane, choose Visual C++ > Test and then choose Google Test Project in the center pane.
- Give the test project a name and click OK.
How do I add Google test to CMake?
C++ project setup with CMake & unit tests (google test)
- Install cmake & googletest.
- Folder structure.
- CMakeLists.txt. Main folder CMakeLists.txt. src folder CMakeLists.txt: tst folder CMakeLists.txt:
- Add some (example) source code and tests. Source Code. Test code.
- Compile all the things.
- Run all the things.
How do I create a unit test in Visual Studio?
To get started, select a method, a type, or a namespace in the code editor in the project you want to test, right-click, and then choose Create Unit Tests. The Create Unit Tests dialog opens where you can configure how you want the tests to be created.