Do you need a license to drive a jet ski in Australia?
You do need a license to operate a jet ski in Australia. The kind of ticket or license you need will depend on the state you reside in. In WA, a Recreational Skipper's Ticket (RST) is required to operate a jet ski. Fines may apply if you don't obtain the correct license.
Those 14 and 15 years of age may operate a PWC legally only if they have obtained a boating safety certificate and … He or she is accompanied on board by his or her parent or legal guardian or by a person at least 21 years of age who has been designated by the parent or legal guardian or …
- California law requires a person to be 16 years of age or older to legally operate a vessel powered by a motor of 15 hp or more, including personal watercraft (PWCs).
- Texas. You need boater education if you were born on or after Sept. 1, 1993, and will be operating a boat over 15 hp, a PWC, or a sailboat over 14 feet long in Texas. You must be at least 13 years old to take this online course.
- A person 12–15 years old may operate a motorboat only if: He or she is accompanied by a parent, a guardian, or a person at least 18 years old who is designated by the parent or guardian or… He or she has completed a boating safety course that is accepted by the Wisconsin DNR.
In California, you do not need a license to operate a boat. However, some states do require boaters to be licensed or to have taken a boating safety course. Therefore, it is important for boaters to check with the boating law administrator's office in the state you plan to boat in.
- Inhaling carbon monoxide can be deadly — State law prohibits the dangerous practice of teak surfing, platform dragging, or bodysurfing behind a boat. Anyone near the boat's engine or generator exhaust is exposed to carbon monoxide, which can cause them to lose consciousness and drown.
- The Boater Education Card is proof that you have successfully completed all of the components of an approved Boating safety course and allows you to go boating. Because the Boating education card or certificate does not expire and does not need to be renewed, it is not called the Oregon Boating License.
- Avoid fuel spills when fueling in or near the water. Do not tip the PWC in order to fill it all the way up. The tank is designed to leave space for the fuel to expand. If the tank is overfilled, the fuel may expand and spill into the water.
Do I need a boating license or boating safety certificate to operate a boat or personal watercraft (PWC) in Florida? Anyone under the age of 22 (21 and under) is required to have a boating safety education ID card along with a photo ID while operating a vessel with 10 horsepower or greater in Florida waters.
- A person must be at least 14 years of age to operate a personal watercraft in Florida. A person must be at least 18 years of age to rent a personal watercraft in Florida. It is unlawful for a person to knowingly allow a person under 14 years of age to operate a personal watercraft (a second-degree misdemeanor).
- Do I need a boating license or boating safety certificate to operate a boat or personal watercraft (PWC) in Florida? Anyone under the age of 22 (21 and under) is required to have a boating safety education ID card along with a photo ID while operating a vessel with 10 horsepower or greater in Florida waters.
- All persons must be at least 14 years of age to legally operate a motorboat or PWC unless under the direct, onboard supervision of a parent, guardian, or other person 16 years of age or older.
Updated: 28th October 2019