All craigslist postings are free, except for: Job postings in selected areas—$15-75 (fee varies by area) Brokered apartment rentals in New York City area—$10. Therapeutic services in the United States—$10 (reposts of live ads $5)
How do you advertise on Craigslist?
Selling Items on Craigslist
- Go to Craigslist.org.
- Choose the state where you live.
- Click on the post to classifieds button.
- Click the for sale button, will bring you to another category page.
- Enter the posting information.
- Submit pictures of what you're selling.
- Check your listing for accuracy.
Read the steps listed below and learn how to post an ad on Craigslist.
- Type the URL http:/craigslist.org into your browser.
- Click on the link, "post to classifieds," that is located on the upper left hand side of the screen.
- Click on the type of post you want to place.
Craigslist makes money only through a handful of revenue streams. It charges a $25 fee to post a job listing in six major U.S. cities. It charges $75 for a job listing in the San Francisco area. Last, the company charges a $10 fee to list an apartment rental in New York.
Part 2 Category
- Go to Craigslist. Select the city that you want to post you ad in.
- Click "Post to classifieds". Every post on Craigslist starts here.
- Choose a category to post in.
- Choose a category specification.
- Choose a specific area to post in.
Advertising on Craigslist is free, with only a few exceptions. Job listings in Houston and selected other cities cost $25 each, and ads in therapeutic services cost $10. If a fee is required, you are prompted to pay by credit card before publishing or you can purchase a block of ads in advance.
Go to the Craigslist site for the location in which you want to place a commercial ad. Click on the "Post to Classifieds" link in the upper-left under Craigslist. Select the type of advertisement you want to post and click "Continue." Choose the category and click "Continue" again.
- Ask yourself whether you are comfortable with shipping the item.
- Request that the buyer pay you through PayPal or a similar service.
- Request a cash payment at the time of sale.
- Ask that a buyer pay at least partially in cash.
- Exercise caution before accepting a cashier's check.
- Never accept a money order.
Steps to Creating a Craigslist Account
- Step 1: Go to Craigslist.org.
- Step 2: Click on My Account.
- Step 3: Create an Account.
- Step 4: Choose a Password.
- Step 5: Continue to your account.
- Step 1: Choose new posting.
- Step 2: Pick “job offered”
- Step 3: Pick a Job Category.
A Safe Place to Sell Your Stuff? Craigslist might not be recommended for dating, but it can be very useful for selling unwanted stuff. However, it is essential that you take some personal safety tips into account before using it. Never wire or transmit funds online, and only buy items that you can pick up in person.
Monster Job Posting Cost – Monster offers 30 and 60 day job posting options. Pricing for a single job posting on Monster for 30 days starts at $375, 60 days for $395, with discounts when purchasing in bulk.
Yes, Indeed does charge for sponsored job postings that appear above and below free listings. Indeed employer cost is set by a budget. You can also choose to post on Indeed for free, with less visibility for your post.
- Visit the Craigslist website.
- Select your country and city.
- Click the “post to classifieds” link near the top left corner.
- Select the “for sale” category.
- Select either “cars & trucks- by dealer” or “cars & trucks- by owner” depending on whether you are a private seller or a certified dealer.
Top 8 Best Places to Post Jobs for Free:
- Bulletin boards at local colleges.
- Coffee shop bulletin boards.
- Local job bank.
- Post a flyer in company vehicle windows.
- Post fliers at all your physical job sites.
- Search for free local classified sites.
Starting today—for sellers without an eBay Stores subscription—your 50 FREE listings* per month can be Auction-style or fixed price. You pay a final value fee only when your item sells. Final value fees have been streamlined to just one flat rate of 10%—regardless of how you sell.
eBay gets a cut when your auction sells. After your auction or fixed-price listing ends, eBay charges the Final Value fee to your account in a matter of minutes. Final Value fees on auctions are pretty easy to figure out. If your item sells, you pay eBay 9% of the selling price to a maximum of $50.00.
Although there are specific guidelines for how long an ad stays on Craigslist based on the type of ad and posting locale, the service has a list of master guidelines that supersede the others. Under these guidelines, all job postings expire after 30 days for paid ads and 45 days for free ads.
Craig Newmark is the Craig of Craigslist whose estimated net worth as of 2010 was around $400 million. This is in direct contrast to his financial wealth during childhood, where his mother struggled to support Craig and his brother, Jeff, after the death of their father.
Craigslist phone number. Craigslist's customer service department can be reached by phone, toll-free, at 800-664-0633.
Once you are logged in, you can manage the posts made with that address.
- Locate the POST/EDIT/DELETE email you received when you first submitted your post, and click on the manage link.
- On the management page, select the "Repost this Posting" option:
How to: Post a Job on Indeed.com
- Go to www.indeed.com/hire and click the blue Post Job button.
- Create an employer account by just entering your email address and a secure password.
- To post a job for free in the Indeed.com site, all you need to do is fill out 3 key areas on the form Indeed ask you to fill out: Job Title.
Use the buttons on the manage page to administer your post.
- edit will bring you to the edit posting screen. Make any changes you'd like, and click "continue" to confirm them.
- delete will bring you to a confirmation screen where you can confirm the deletion of your post.
- renew will move your post to the top of the list.